All your Marple and Stockport property and financial needs under one roof

Author Topic: Stepping Hill Hospital  (Read 5490 times)

amazon

Re: Stepping Hill Hospital
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 03:53:11 PM »
More likely to be the usual lethal combination of underfunding, wasteful and counter-productive 'targets', use of expensive agency staff because there are not enough doctors and nurses, demographic change (we're all living longer so there are more elderly people needing hospital treatment), and cuts to local authority social services causing 'bed-blocking' of patients who are fit to be discharged but aren't because they can't be properly cared for in the community.

And once Brexit has happened, it can only get worse..........
What proof have you that it will only get worse ,

Dave

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 03:08:32 PM »
I think that's totally correct although for "grossly overspent their budget " could be seen as financial mismanagement

More likely to be the usual lethal combination of underfunding, wasteful and counter-productive 'targets', use of expensive agency staff because there are not enough doctors and nurses, demographic change (we're all living longer so there are more elderly people needing hospital treatment), and cuts to local authority social services causing 'bed-blocking' of patients who are fit to be discharged but aren't because they can't be properly cared for in the community.

And once Brexit has happened, it can only get worse..........

wheels

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 10:21:34 PM »
I believe its just that they've grossly overspent their budget. It's not going to close.

I think that's totally correct although for "grossly overspent their budget " could be seen as financial mismanagement for which someone should be held accountable.  Either way we the hospital users will bear the consequences as services are cut.

Harry

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 08:36:15 PM »
I believe its just that they've grossly overspent their budget. It's not going to close.

amazon

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 07:57:34 PM »
I passed a house the other day which had a poster (printed, not hand drawn) which said "Save Stepping Hill Hospital". Anyone know what it's about? Are "They" threatening to close it? No-one I've mentioned it casually to seems to know about it.

I wouldn't like to be in the clutches of Tameside Hospital as our next nearest place. I lived for a while in Hyde could "entertain" you for hours with (true) horror stories and when your doctor (in a Hyde practice) tells you he wouldn't let his wife go into Tameside even for a minor investigation I think one should listen!
What has Tamside hospital to do with stepping hill .i think you should be very carefull what you say Henrietta .

wheels

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 07:30:52 PM »
Well it's well known that the Hospital has massive debts and huge saving are going to be have to be made. Perhaps you should address your question to the hospital management.

My login is Henrietta

Stepping Hill Hospital
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 06:24:35 PM »
I passed a house the other day which had a poster (printed, not hand drawn) which said "Save Stepping Hill Hospital". Anyone know what it's about? Are "They" threatening to close it? No-one I've mentioned it casually to seems to know about it.

I wouldn't like to be in the clutches of Tameside Hospital as our next nearest place. I lived for a while in Hyde could "entertain" you for hours with (true) horror stories and when your doctor (in a Hyde practice) tells you he wouldn't let his wife go into Tameside even for a minor investigation I think one should listen!