To advertise on this site

Author Topic: Virgin Mobile Network  (Read 2740 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Virgin Mobile Network
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2016, 05:17:53 AM »
Does the phone signal improve if you go a few houses down the road?

Unfortunately not, and after two new SIMs it is looking like it's a fault with the phone.
So what I need now is recommendations for someone who can repair a Blackberry Passport with signal problems please!
Any local phone repair places that you've found to be reliable and trustworthy?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Cyberman

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 06:25:42 PM »
Could it be interference from something - WiFi router perhaps? Shouldn't cause problems as they are different frequencies, but a fault could cause spurious signals. I remember a case of someone's TV antenna booster misbehaving and emitting a signal on a distress frequency. The owner first knew about it when a rescue helicopter appeared over their house.

Does the phone signal improve if you go a few houses down the road?

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 12:24:02 PM »
Hi Admin,

I live in the Woodville Drive Area, and my teenage daughter has a virgin mobile. If she had any issues with it she would told me in no uncertain terms!!!  ;D

Thanks @jethroh65 ! I've come to the conclusion that it's just me and spoken to VM. They confirmed the service is fine around here and are sending me a new SIM. I'm hoping that'll work 'cos if not it means it's my very expensive phone that has gone on the blink  :'(
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

jethroh65

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 12:13:35 PM »
Hi Admin,

I live in the Woodville Drive Area, and my teenage daughter has a virgin mobile. If she had any issues with it she would told me in no uncertain terms!!!  ;D

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 06:15:33 AM »
Perhaps stating the obvious, but have you tried the old faithful of switching it off and on again? Every once in a while my phone does similar and a reboot fixes it.

Yes, many times.

As I walked into Marple last night the phone sprang into life for a while, texts arrived and queued ones were sent. Once I got home again there was no service. Very odd.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

marpleexile

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 04:04:55 AM »
My phone has been struggling to find the Virgin Mobile Network (I think it's EE's network actually) around the Woodville Drive area.

It's normally fine but been a continuous problem the last 2 days.

Does anyone who lives nearby use Virgin Mobile and can you confirm if you've had problems or not please?

Perhaps stating the obvious, but have you tried the old faithful of switching it off and on again? Every once in a while my phone does similar and a reboot fixes it.

Cyberman

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 10:07:14 PM »
Mine's OK (Virgin also) - Church Lane roundabout area. Signal's only at half strength, but I can't remember what it usually is.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Virgin Mobile Network
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 08:14:49 PM »
My phone has been struggling to find the Virgin Mobile Network (I think it's EE's network actually) around the Woodville Drive area.

It's normally fine but been a continuous problem the last 2 days.

Does anyone who lives nearby use Virgin Mobile and can you confirm if you've had problems or not please?

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website