Estate agency, done differently in Marple and District

Author Topic: Marple Police Station  (Read 4274 times)

andy+kirsty

Re: Marple Police Station
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2016, 10:31:40 AM »
Around 8 weeks ago I found a TomTom satnav hidden under a bush in our front garden, I wanted to hand it in to the police so they could try and trace the owner.

The most convenient police station was Bolton as it was open during the day and I work over that way, an open station in Marple would have made life much easier.

(I am an ordinary law abiding citizen with a smart phone, however I don't think there is an app for returning physical items) 

I can't think of a single reason why a law abiding member of the public would need to visit a police station. Just about everybody has a phone, they can use that.

The police will be able to respond to an incident in Marple a lot quicker if they are based in Memorial Park than if they were in Stockport or Cheadle Heath. Perhaps we will also see them walking around Marple in the future.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2016, 08:59:20 AM »
The station won't be open to the public, there will be no Public Enquiry Counter there. However, the Police will be based there 24/7 from January next year. The station will be closed in th next few weeks for refurbishment and re-open in January, something that is stated in the article.

How different will it be then? The police station is often used now - I've had regular meetings there with police, councillors and council staff during the last couple of years while we were trying to address antisocial behaviour in the park.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Condate

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 08:34:05 AM »
I can't think of a single reason why a law abiding member of the public would need to visit a police station. Just about everybody has a phone, they can use that.

Phones are ok, but it is vastly better to talk face to face, to report crimes or suspicious activity for example. It is much easier for the police to judge the quality of the information if they can actually see the person they are speaking to. How are we supposed to hand in money or other valuables which have been lost if not to the police station?

Harry

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 06:20:15 AM »
That's weird. Surely one of the main reasons for having a police station is so the public can actually have access to the police. Having a police station which isn't open to the public is a nonsense.

The police will be able to respond to an incident in Marple a lot quicker if they are based in Memorial Park than if they were in Stockport or Cheadle Heath. Perhaps we will also see them walking around Marple in the future.

Condate

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 09:57:07 PM »
The station won't be open to the public, there will be no Public Enquiry Counter there. However, the Police will be based there 24/7 from January next year. The station will be closed in th next few weeks for refurbishment and re-open in January, something that is stated in the article.

That's weird. Surely one of the main reasons for having a police station is so the public can actually have access to the police. Having a police station which isn't open to the public is a nonsense. 

barndoor

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 08:31:38 PM »
Just read in the MEN that Marple Police Station will be reopening in January 2017 after refurbishment.

I expect sales of doughnuts in the nearby bakeries will increase significantly. ;)

CllrKennyBlair

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 08:23:39 PM »

Enigmawatcher

the rover

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 03:51:29 PM »
Did the article in MEN give any idea of the opening hours?
No it didn't, the article was mostly about 4 Police Stations which are going to be open 24 hours, but Marple is not one of them.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 02:54:08 PM »
Just read in the MEN that Marple Police Station will be reopening in January 2017 after refurbishment.
Did the article in MEN give any idea of the opening hours?

amazon

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 07:32:55 PM »
Good news might help keep  some of the idiots out of the park,

the rover

Marple Police Station
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 05:47:35 PM »