RC Cars, RC Helicopters, RC Planes | Nitrotek Ltd

Author Topic: Sorting office Marple  (Read 40443 times)

marpleexile

Re: Sorting office Marple
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2017, 04:29:16 PM »
Why is it dead in the water ,

Was it ever alive?

It was proposed as a spoiling tactic to prevent Asda (or anyone else) getting planning permission to build a store on the hibbert lane campus. A lot of us on here felt that the proposals weren't really viable - poor location, poor parking (made worse by the existence of the development), not very accessible and expensive to build due to the topography of the plot.

Closure of the sorting office might make development on this plot cheaper (no relocation costs) but whomever it is will still have to buy out the lease, etc.

It's therefore not really surprising that since the Asda planning application was officially closed, there's not been a peep from anyone interested in reviving the idea.

amazon

« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2017, 03:50:59 PM »
If it was going to happen, it would have started happening by now. It's dead in the water, surely.
Why is it dead in the water ,

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2017, 12:32:15 PM »
If it was going to happen, it would have started happening by now. It's dead in the water, surely.

I think you're right unless the sorting office closes, this might instill a new dynamic if there is no need to compensate Royal Mail to end their lease. It all seems very quiet, do we know if there have been any firm decisions made about the possible closure?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Dave

« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2017, 12:20:22 PM »
    Small supermarket perhaps ,

marpleexile

« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2017, 07:38:48 AM »
Don't blame Red666Bear. Staff are usually the last to know and are often lied to in these matters.

I'd always assumed that Red666Bear was expressing what he wanted to happen, rather than what would actually happen, as he never had any basis for his assertions other than the PO having a lease on the building with x amount of years left.

If your company is big enough you can get round anything. Anyway, the owners of the land may have other ideas for its more profitable future.

It's not so much a case of getting round anything, as it is people misunderstanding what a legal contract generally means. Generally, a legal contract will define who pays whom, and how much, for any given set of circumstances. So in this case, the lease doesn't prevent the PO moving elsewhere (or the landlord kicking them out) it just sets the price that each must pay the other if either happens.

amazon

« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2017, 08:36:41 PM »
If your company is big enough you can get round anything. Anyway, the owners of the land may have other ideas for its more profitable future.
    Small supermarket perhaps ,

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2017, 06:28:33 PM »
The post office we were told had a 100 year lease on it /sixty years left if i can remember .

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2017, 06:27:06 PM »

Well......red666bear has in the past been a vociferous defender of the Royal Mail and its home in Marple, saying the sorting office would never leave.

See http://www.marple-uk.com/smf/index.php?topic=4927.msg41575#msg41575
Don't blame Red666Bear. Staff are usually the last to know and are often lied to in these matters.

amazon

« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2017, 04:15:00 PM »
We've received William Wragg's letter.  Enclosed with it is a letter addressed to him from the Chief Executive of Royal Mail Group. On the subject of collecting undelivered mail, it is non-committal.   It says that they attempt to deliver to a neighbour (do they? - not where we live they don't!) It also says you can request a free redelivery on another day, to the same address or another one in the same postcode area.

But essentially they are not denying that if this scheme goes ahead, when we need to collect undelivered mail we will have to go to the Green Lane sorting office in Stockport to do it. 

But what did we expect when it was privatised.   There are already fewer collections, no doubt the Saturday deliveries and collections will end soon, and the much prized universal postal service is only guaranteed for another five years, until 2021.

If I were the Queen I'd be embarrassed to be associated with it, and I'd tell them to remove my head from their stamps!
Does any one know if the sorting office is still closing .

Dave

« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2016, 05:10:05 PM »
Those residents who signed my petition will be receiving a full update from me via letter over the next few days (if you haven't already received it). As soon as I have been give an update - I will ensure you're all updated too.

We've received William Wragg's letter.  Enclosed with it is a letter addressed to him from the Chief Executive of Royal Mail Group. On the subject of collecting undelivered mail, it is non-committal.   It says that they attempt to deliver to a neighbour (do they? - not where we live they don't!) It also says you can request a free redelivery on another day, to the same address or another one in the same postcode area.

But essentially they are not denying that if this scheme goes ahead, when we need to collect undelivered mail we will have to go to the Green Lane sorting office in Stockport to do it. 

But what did we expect when it was privatised.   There are already fewer collections, no doubt the Saturday deliveries and collections will end soon, and the much prized universal postal service is only guaranteed for another five years, until 2021.

If I were the Queen I'd be embarrassed to be associated with it, and I'd tell them to remove my head from their stamps! 

wheels

« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2016, 04:36:30 PM »
Perhaps hes not a posti anymore .

Perhaps he's a she.

amazon

« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2016, 02:12:00 PM »

Well......red666bear has in the past been a vociferous defender of the Royal Mail and its home in Marple, saying the sorting office would never leave.

Perhaps hes not a posti anymore .

sgk

« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2016, 12:26:11 AM »
What has that got to do with this thread?

mikes

« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2016, 10:07:09 PM »
Is Red Bear's internet connection down?
What has that got to do with this thread?

gazwhite

« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2016, 08:29:02 PM »
Is Red Bear's internet connection down?