All your Marple and Stockport property and financial needs under one roof

Author Topic: Sorting office Marple  (Read 40317 times)

Cyberman

Re: Sorting office Marple
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2016, 08:48:06 PM »
So do not other people have to travel to stockport to work why are postmen different
Because they and their families have probably chosen to buy/rent a house near where they work - in Marple. And possibly send their kids to a school in Marple.

mikes

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2016, 04:28:04 PM »

amazon

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2016, 02:30:40 PM »
Try getting a bus into Stockport at 5am!   I also don't know if the Stockport sorting office have enough parking for everyone that will work from there.
Point made .

JohnBates

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2016, 01:31:21 PM »

ringi

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2016, 12:40:48 PM »
So do not other people have to travel to stockport to work why are postmen different

Try getting a bus into Stockport at 5am!   I also don't know if the Stockport sorting office have enough parking for everyone that will work from there.

Barbara

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2016, 09:50:17 PM »
It is not so much the postmen - though I do sympathise with them, they have long enough days as it is.  The people it will affect are the locals who might have missed deliveries, and maybe have no transport of their own to get to the Stockport sorting office to collect their parcels.  Plus, of course, the local businesses, as already pointed out.  The Marple sorting office would be very much missed.

amazon

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2016, 09:25:07 PM »
Two points - Firstly, there may not be redundancies but won't employees who probably live near Marple now have to get to the other side of Stockport? Won't be much fun. Secondly, to get parcels sent to the P.O. isn't there a fee? Not ideal. Keep the sorting office in Marple!

JohnBates

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2016, 03:42:26 PM »
There is currently a technical issue with William Wraggs online petition, it is currently being looked into. Hopefully working again soon.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2016, 03:09:20 PM »
@William Wragg has beaten the postal workers to it with his own on-line petition. Here's what our MP has to say:

I wanted to let you know about the potential closure of the Bredbury and Marple Royal Mail Delivery Offices. Many local residents and businesses rely upon the convenient facility they offer for the collection of parcels and items of mail.

I have already written to the Chief Executive of Royal Mail expressing my concern at the proposals. However, in order to ensure as much public pressure is brought to bear, I am launching a petition. I will send this to Royal Mail and present it to the House of Commons.

If, like me, you want to such services remain in Bredbury and Marple I would be extremely grateful if you sign the online petition. You can sign the petition here:

https://www.williamwragg.org.uk/campaigns/save-our-royal-mail-delivery-offices

http://www.petitions24.com/save_our_royal_mail_delivery_offices
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Howard

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 09:10:30 AM »
I don't really care where the sorting office is. The only thing that would concern me it it was moved out of Marple would be how I could pick up any missed deliveries without driving out of the town. There would need to be somewhere that opens the same time as the sorting office does (7am-11am I believe) to give the same service.

Perhaps the Post Office could open earlier but I'm not sure the lovely couple who run it would appreciate the extra hours.

Cyberman

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2016, 09:37:00 PM »
AS long s theres no redundancies dont  see what he problem his the parcells can be left at the post office .Things are a changing . we just have to ace pt it
Two points - Firstly, there may not be redundancies but won't employees who probably live near Marple now have to get to the other side of Stockport? Won't be much fun. Secondly, to get parcels sent to the P.O. isn't there a fee? Not ideal. Keep the sorting office in Marple!

amazon

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2016, 09:20:27 PM »
Our postlady told me today that it is scheduled to close in March.
AS long s theres no redundancies dont  see what he problem his the parcells can be left at the post office .Things are a changing . we just have to ace pt it

Blossom

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 08:55:50 PM »
Our postlady told me today that it is scheduled to close in March. 

sgk

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 07:52:00 PM »
Asda would be ideal but i dont think that will happen they got ride of the Amazon lockers .

On a related note I see Morrisons at Bredbury and Hyde have recently had Amazon Lockers fitted.  Real shame we lost the Marple one when ASDA rolled into town.

amazon

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 07:34:32 PM »
maybe they want to make room for a supermarket  :)
not against that if its a decent one .