Cole and Fox Interior Design Marple | Romiley | Stockport

Author Topic: Contactless Debit Cards  (Read 2134 times)

SHM

Re: Contactless Debit Cards
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 09:38:36 AM »
According to the UK Cards Association’s best practice guidelines, the bank card ‘should always stay in the customer’s hand’ for contactless payments.

sgk

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 10:57:01 PM »

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 03:50:07 PM »
Isn't one of the benefits of contactless is that you should never have to let go of the card?
Whenever I've used it the machine is presented to me and the card doesn't leave my hand, which I think is great.

Very good advice about not letting the card out of your sight though. I once paid a B&B bill in Cumbria and they took the card out of sight saying that the signal was better in the other room. Few dates later found that my card had been used for purchases in Switzerland! I got my money back but never did find out if the card company pursued the info I gave them about the likely culprit for cloning, or whatever it is they do.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Barbara

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 03:21:59 PM »
If you are worried about using contactless payment, simply say you prefer to insert the card in the usual way.  It only takes seconds longer after all.

alan@marple

Contactless Debit Cards
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 02:25:55 PM »
I have recently had experience where I have used the system of contactless cards, the vendor has taken my card and tapped in the amount and handed back my card, without offering me a receipt for my purchase.

I have to admit I have been rather trusting on a few occasions, but I now insist that I get the receipt or a least see the transaction on the card reader.

This has happened to me in Bakeries, Butchers and Pubs-not all in Marple.

I think that all proprietors and managers should insist that staff invite customers to tap the card up front and not to complete the transaction out of sight.

Common sense dictates this is the correct procedures, but some of us are too trusting and not wishing to offend traders or staff.

Don't let your card out of your sight!