Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: Nat West Bank (Marple) opening hours  (Read 5732 times)

Melancholyflower

Re: Nat West Bank (Marple) opening hours
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 02:51:15 PM »
It depends on one's definition of what banking means . For most people it will no doubt be the routine servicing of personal deposit accounts, for which online is very convenient.

For others, e.g. unemployed, cash-only businesses (I'm sure there are still some about), retirees and the elderly, I expect their preference is much more in favour of face-to-face banking.

It's a shame that the big banks centralised all of their actual lending decision-making away from the local branches and thus took a lot of their powers and functionality away.  The costs v service argument again.

Howard

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 01:46:37 PM »
They are closed Wednesdays but now are open on Saturdays.

A huge amount of banking these days is done online. I very rarely visit a Branch - perhaps once every six months. With the change in the financial world and the way things are changing so rapidly, they can't really continue to offer the same opening hours for face-to-face banking as they did in the past. Personally, I would rather they open on a Saturday then during the week when I may not be able to get there.

I was speaking to someone who knows the the manager there recently and she (the manager) says that the staff have actually adjusted quite well. Apart from it being a little more busy on Thursday mornings, it feels pretty much the same as before they changed their opening schedules.

amazon

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 01:42:42 PM »
Is there anybody out there who agrees we me, that the new opening hours at the Nat West bank have gone back 25yrs !
Not opening until 10.00am during the week, closed all days Wednesday and always having to queue for 10 minutes  at the counter when they are open (no fault of the staff on the counter)
It seems the Nat West want to give us the service that they want to give and not what the customer wants.
Maybe its going to close .or they want us to bank online afraid thats the way its going .

diggerman

Nat West Bank (Marple) opening hours
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 01:36:58 PM »
Is there anybody out there who agrees we me, that the new opening hours at the Nat West bank have gone back 25yrs !
Not opening until 10.00am during the week, closed all days Wednesday and always having to queue for 10 minutes  at the counter when they are open (no fault of the staff on the counter)
It seems the Nat West want to give us the service that they want to give and not what the customer wants.