A.C.M. Financial Services Ltd - for all aspects of financial planning

Author Topic: Taxis  (Read 7474 times)

Barbara

Re: Taxis
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2016, 09:10:07 PM »
Well we are not associated with the company, but have used them many times since they began, and have been very satisfied with their service.  Obviously something went wrong this time, but it must be a one off!

CTCREP

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2016, 07:32:22 PM »
I still say 6 months to achieve something that could be dealt with by an apology and immediate refund is just not good enough, and if you have similar problems with any taxi firm then bring it to the attention of the Licensing Authority.

I am pleased to read that some have had good results, but as for anonymity, how do we know that those posting such comments aren't associated with the company?   

Hoffnung

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2016, 03:11:49 PM »
Personally,

I am a little dismayed at the original post by CTCREP. I don't dispute the validity of his complaint. A late taxi,a surly receptionist and 6 months procrastination are not fun, but nobody died. I have no experience of this taxi company. However local businesses are the lifeblood of a local community and sometimes they will get things wrong and when they do, somebody gets let down.  When this happens we should not use this Community Website to besmirch them, especially when we post their name and hide our own in anonymity, giving them no redress whatsoever.

I don't make the rules on this site but IMHO, posts that have these characteristics should not be entertained. We are a community website not the Daily Mail.   

gazwhite

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2016, 02:33:59 PM »
We've used this local taxi firm on numerous occasions and always been fully satisfied.  They were punctual and offer great value.  If it was a busy time of day or night then the operator set the expectation around arrival time.  Drivers are patient and don't try some of the 'rip off' tactics employed by some other firms I won't name on this thread. 

As a company local to Marple and Romiley I've known this local taxi firm support many local events - a few years ago they even ran some local pensioners to an event I was organising free of charge when they learnt of their struggle to attend.  I've even seen their drivers stop to help someone who had a flat tyre!  This I believe is because they have a good vetting process for drivers - they employ good local honest people.

This local taxi firm gets 10/10 from us.

simonesaffron

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 12:02:28 PM »
In addition to which, the taxi company can't respond on this website, because they don't know who you are.   

simonesaffron

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2016, 11:47:40 AM »
If it wasn't sourced in malice, then why did you choose to name the taxi company?

You could have achieved all your 'claimed' aims by referring to ..."a taxi company."

CTCREP

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 10:47:36 AM »
My report was certainly not malicious, it was factual. The incident could have been dealt with with a polite apology and a small refund, instead I was treated to a belligerent response and had to involve the Licensing authority to get a refund, but still no apology.

Of course it is difficult to run a company but a poiite response costs nothing and honouring their commitments cost little more.  When everything works OK it is fine, but how many other people have been left waiting by taxis unnecessarily. I bring this to the attention of readers of this web site to show what you can do if you are dissatisfied with a taxi service.  What other way can the message be spread?

simonesaffron

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 09:32:48 AM »
I don't think this website should be used for the purpose of blackening the names of local businesses who can't fight back, about a one off situation and under the cloak of anonymity. If you are going to be malicious to a specific named business CTCREP, at least post your name and address.

It must be an impossible task to run a taxi company and execute every single pick - up on time. Something is bound to go wrong sometime and I suspect the local taxi firm are nor perfect. For my part, like the other posters, I have used this local taxi firm on many occasions and on the vast majority of them (with two exceptions) I have found them to be reliable, polite and good at what they do. I prefer to dwell on that and not on the two exceptions and I have no hesitation in recommending them.   

amazon

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 09:23:01 PM »
I have used this local taxi firm on many occasions over many years; business and pleasure, and found them to be reliable, clean, communicative and competitive. Better than other companies who also ply their trade between Marple and the Airport (and elsewhere) and I have no problems recommending them. I also have never had to prepay for a collection so I'm surprised you had to. Maybe your experience was a one off, with a particular driver?

However I note your recommendation to contact the Taxi Licencing Authority, I wouldn't have thought of that - not that a 6 month wait for a £21 refund sounds like it was worth the effort.

RH
I have all so used this local taxi firm a lot  mostly for hospital and clinic at Marple not once have i been let down with them or i consider over charged .no hesitation in recommending to anyone .

CTCREP

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 07:23:03 PM »
Hello Phil

You say:- However I note your recommendation to contact the Taxi Licencing Authority, I wouldn't have thought of that - not that a 6 month wait for a £21 refund sounds like it was worth the effort.

It was not the refund, but the fact that the reception I received at the Office was so objectionable, and the apparent intention not to make the refund that made me decide to pursue the matter.  Surely an apology and an immediate refund is the least any customer should expect.
Waiting over an hour for a pre-booked Taxi is not acceptable.  It is not the first time I have had to wait an unnecessarily long time for a taxi, not always by this taxi firm, although this is by far the longest wait, and I report it in order to make others aware that you can take matters further.

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 08:51:47 PM »
I have used this local taxi firm on many occasions over many years; business and pleasure, and found them to be reliable, clean, communicative and competitive. Better than other companies who also ply their trade between Marple and the Airport (and elsewhere) and I have no problems recommending them. I also have never had to prepay for a collection so I'm surprised you had to. Maybe your experience was a one off, with a particular driver?

However I note your recommendation to contact the Taxi Licencing Authority, I wouldn't have thought of that - not that a 6 month wait for a £21 refund sounds like it was worth the effort.

RH

CTCREP

Taxis
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 09:46:28 AM »
In January this year we prebooked with a local taxi firm to be collected from the Airport after a holiday. I won't go into all the details but after several phone calls from the Airport to the office and a variety of excuses on their part we were eventually collected over 1 hour later by an alternative taxi company whose driver said we should claim a refund from the local taxi firm.

I attempted to go to the office, which at the time according to their Web Site was in Hawk Green but in fact was just off Green Lane in Romiley. and had a far from satisfactory discussion with the receptionist who basically just wanted to send me away.

I contacted the company via email and was promised a refund but it never appeared. After several more emails with no satisfactory result eventually I decided to contact Stockport MBC Taxi Licensing Office.  There was no immediate result, I suspect because of a change in office personelle, however now after re-raising the problem and 6 months from the start I have just received the refund.

Although I note others have had problems with the local taxi firm there have also been similar stories about other companies.  I suggest if you do have problems then take them to the Licensing Authority who in this instance is saying they will keep an eye on the local taxi firm.