A M Photo-Graphics

Author Topic: Any board game groups in Marple?  (Read 8891 times)

timwalters

Re: Any board game groups in Marple?
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2018, 05:42:21 PM »
Sorry, can't do it tonight :(

CP

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2018, 01:15:46 PM »
Hi all,

Apologies for the short notice but we’re having another meet up tonight (tues 25th) 7.30 at the Navigation.

Will sort out a proper thread once we’re a bit more regular.

Thanks
Cheryl

CP

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2018, 06:19:00 PM »
Thanks to all that came along last night. We had a lot of fun!

Another date will be announced in due course!

Thanks also to those who shared this  :)

Tim, you're more than welcome to join us at any point.  :)
Very interested in this. I used to play Catan and Carcassone with my children but they don't want to play anymore. I still get the occasional game of Ticket to Ride out of them but would like to play more.

Thanks for the support Steve! Feel free to join us anytime.  :)
Good luck with this Cheryl

I’d like to come in the future, family commitments rules me out tonight but fingers crossed there’s a good turnout.

I will put this on my Twitter feed if you like?

Kind regards

Steve

timwalters

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2018, 06:15:45 PM »
Very interested in this. I used to play Catan and Carcassone with my children but they don't want to play anymore. I still get the occasional game of Ticket to Ride out of them but would like to play more.

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2018, 08:48:20 AM »
Good luck with this Cheryl

I’d like to come in the future, family commitments rules me out tonight but fingers crossed there’s a good turnout.

I will put this on my Twitter feed if you like?

Kind regards

Steve

CP

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2018, 07:06:48 PM »
Hi all,

A small group of us are meeting up in the pub tomorrow (Weds 19th) to play some modern tabletop games, if anyone would like to join us for a game or two.  :)

The Navigation from 7:30pm

Cx

Bmitz

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2018, 08:55:58 AM »
Hi Tom,

Yes! I’ve been thinking about gaming again so happy to see this post and sounds good! (I’m just a bit rubbish at organising.)

I’m not too familiar with the pubs in the area so not sure which one is best / will allow people to play games but I was thinking maybe The Navigation might be good as I’ve seen them host a lot of different things there?

Thanks
Cheryl

Hey Cheryl

The Navi is as good a place as any to start off with, let's pick a night to head there for a drink/game at which point we can talk about how we might want to organise things on a more regular basis. Let me know some dates that work for you.

T

CP

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2018, 07:57:09 PM »
@Cheryl_B @Foxylady Just found this thread, my wife and I would also be interested in a local gaming night. Preferably more modern style board/card games rather than Monopoly or Scrabble ;-) Maybe just pick a pub, turn up with some small games to start off with, along the lines of Fluxx/Exploding Kittens/Gloom etc and go from there?

Cheers
Tom

Hi Tom,

Yes! I’ve been thinking about gaming again so happy to see this post and sounds good! (I’m just a bit rubbish at organising.)

I’m not too familiar with the pubs in the area so not sure which one is best / will allow people to play games but I was thinking maybe The Navigation might be good as I’ve seen them host a lot of different things there?

Thanks
Cheryl

Bmitz

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2018, 05:23:22 PM »
@Cheryl_B @Foxylady Just found this thread, my wife and I would also be interested in a local gaming night. Preferably more modern style board/card games rather than Monopoly or Scrabble ;-) Maybe just pick a pub, turn up with some small games to start off with, along the lines of Fluxx/Exploding Kittens/Gloom etc and go from there?

Cheers
Tom

amazon

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2018, 03:44:52 PM »
That's great to hear! Thanks for the offer of help too :-)

I've not got much further with it at the moment to be honest but hopefully I'll be able to find a venue soon.

Will keep you updated.

Thanks, Have you looked at the U3A website they might have something
Cheryl

CP

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2018, 02:43:54 PM »
Husband and I might be interested if this group gets set up - will keep an eye out for notifications. Anything I can do to help you get it up and running, please just let me know.

Cx

That's great to hear! Thanks for the offer of help too :-)

I've not got much further with it at the moment to be honest but hopefully I'll be able to find a venue soon.

Will keep you updated.

Thanks,
Cheryl

Foxylady

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2018, 08:09:58 AM »
Husband and I might be interested if this group gets set up - will keep an eye out for notifications. Anything I can do to help you get it up and running, please just let me know.

Cx

vikkio

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2017, 09:45:45 AM »
Thanks Mark for tagging me. :-) I rarely log into here but I do get the notifications in my emails.

I am still very much interested in a board game group in Marple - I think it's a great way to meet new people. At the time I posted, I was thinking about checking with the local pubs to see if they could host us/if we could play games there but if anyone has any other suggestions, that would be great!

Thanks
Cheryl
yeah local pub would be ideal, all of the board game clubs I have been so far they have all been hosted in pubs

Barbara

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2017, 09:10:02 PM »
I know the U3A Scrabble group meet in the library.

CP

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2017, 08:19:00 PM »
Thanks Mark for tagging me. :-) I rarely log into here but I do get the notifications in my emails.

I am still very much interested in a board game group in Marple - I think it's a great way to meet new people. At the time I posted, I was thinking about checking with the local pubs to see if they could host us/if we could play games there but if anyone has any other suggestions, that would be great!

Thanks
Cheryl