Lawler & Co - Marple's Local Independent Estate Agent for Sales and Lettings

Author Topic: Chadkirk pond - any photos?  (Read 774 times)

nbt

Chadkirk pond - any photos?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 10:06:28 AM »
I saw this post on the GM birding website and wondered if any Marple locals might be able to help. I'm happy to act as intermediary if necessary

Good Morning Birders, I need your help with an issue at Chadkirk Country Estate. the mill pond has been systematically filled in with woodchip which has destroyed the marginal vegetation where the snipe used to overwinter and this activity threatens the rest of the water body and the meta population of Great Crested Newts, as well as Smooth and Palmate newts, frogs and toads which use this mill pond to reproduce. the current owner is disputing that it ids a pond and stating that it was filled in in 2002. I have been asked if I have any photographic evidence of the pond having water in after this time and this is where you come in! I need you to search your records for photographic evidence of the mill pone having water in it and what would help is if anyone has pictures of the two swans that took up short term residence after the mill pond was dredge sometime around 2004 I think. so if we are to keep this important water body both for amphibians and birds then action is required and your help here could make all the difference.

Any help evidence (dated photos) would be great. you can send photos to either me or the council ecologist who is dealing with this at john.rowland@stockport.gov.uk or katie.guarnaccio@stockport.gov.uk

Many Thanks

John

https://www.manchesterbirding.activeboard.com/t22761550/goyt-valley-local-nature-reserve-offerton/

NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist