Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV & Access Controls Stockport

Author Topic: Station Road residents  (Read 3256 times)

red666bear

Re: Station Road residents
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 04:33:02 PM »
Good idea, if I didn't already live within walking distance of the village I'd certainly use this facility.
Have to be early to beat the nursery staff to it!!!

red666bear

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 04:32:15 PM »
Thanks for pointing out how good an option Hollins Green Road is for parking.    Given the foot path to ASDA, I will try to remember to park in Hollins Green Road  next time the ASDA carpark is full.
Why not park on the double yellow lines of Fern close? Or maybe outside Archers bakery.

red666bear

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 04:30:40 PM »
I am not one of the 'culprits' redbear but there is no such insurance clause, otherwise we would all have to park outside our own front doors every night. What would happen when we stay over night at our friends/mother's/uncles/lovers etc. etc.?   
No lovers!!!

mikes

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 12:14:52 PM »
Thanks for pointing out how good an option Hollins Green Road is for parking.    Given the foot path to ASDA, I will try to remember to park in Hollins Green Road  next time the ASDA carpark is full.

Good idea, if I didn't already live within walking distance of the village I'd certainly use this facility.

ringi

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 11:30:29 AM »

simonesaffron

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 08:55:56 PM »
Could residents of Station Road please refrain from leaving their cars overnight on Hollins Green Road (a cul de sac). We are not an overflow car park for your vehicles and i am sure your insurance does not cover you for leaving your cars unattended on a road you do not live on. Thank you.

I am not one of the 'culprits' redbear but there is no such insurance clause, otherwise we would all have to park outside our own front doors every night. What would happen when we stay over night at our friends/mother's/uncles/lovers etc. etc.?     

Dave

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 08:28:37 PM »
i am sure your insurance does not cover you for leaving your cars unattended on a road you do not live on.

I'm old enough to have had a whole lot of motor insurance policies, and I've never seen anything like that in any of them!

marpleexile

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 08:18:44 PM »
Could residents of Station Road please refrain from leaving their cars overnight on Hollins Green Road (a cul de sac). We are not an overflow car park for your vehicles

Unfortunately for you and the other residents of Hollins Green Road, as long as the owners of the cars are obeying any parking restrictions in place, they are as entitled to park there are you are.

and i am sure your insurance does not cover you for leaving your cars unattended on a road you do not live on. Thank you.

Depends on what they stipulated on their insurance policy. If they stated that the car would be parked on the road overnight, then they are fine. However if they stated that it would be parked on their driveway, then they may have issues if they needed to make a claim.

red666bear

Station Road residents
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 07:17:06 PM »
Could residents of Station Road please refrain from leaving their cars overnight on Hollins Green Road (a cul de sac). We are not an overflow car park for your vehicles and i am sure your insurance does not cover you for leaving your cars unattended on a road you do not live on. Thank you.