Marple Stationery Supplies - Everything for the home, school and office

Author Topic: Tarmac  (Read 2040 times)

SHG

Re: Tarmac
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 01:10:13 PM »
These are the grids/drains on Oak Drive, Kayswood Road.
I hope they are coming back to open them up!

[attachment deleted by admin]

andy+kirsty

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 08:40:30 AM »
I can only assume it was a cynical attempt by our local Councillors to remind everyone how effective they are before the election. With such significant cuts handed down by the current and previous governments I guess this is the best the 5 largest economy in the world can afford. (but don't worry because her Maj is 90 - Gawd bless er.)

It seems to have backfired - the pictures attached were taken on Marple Hall Drive less than 48 hours after the job had been completed.

rach

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 08:14:24 AM »
Our pavement is worse than it was before. A patchwork quilt of Tarmac with poor finishing around each join. Surely it would have made more sense to do the entire stretch pavement rather then trying to Tarmac within the White lines. It certainly would have looked better. In fact, that is what has happened to a lot of roads so I wonder why that decision was made for them.

Razzle24

Tarmac
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 08:04:49 AM »
What has happened with the Tarmac? I have just driven down Norbury Drive and it looks like they have laid the tarmac around a car and a van?  It doesn't look too good on Weatherley Drive either?