A.C.M. Financial Services Ltd - for all aspects of financial planning

Author Topic: Speeding on Strines Road  (Read 7735 times)

Howard

Re: Speeding on Strines Road
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 11:23:44 PM »
It's no surprise that the three fatal accidents in the Marple area in the last ten years have been where there is a speeding problem; Strines and Windlehurst. You can see them on this map http://www.crashmap.co.uk/

JMC

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 09:14:01 PM »
It has always been this way sadly. I have friends and family who live there and know people who were tragically killed on it. When I drive at 30 there is a car literally right uo my tail. I also heard 'boy racers' use it sometimes.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 08:01:36 PM »
Mrs Admin and I were at Oldknow Gardens last Saturday and we saw a Merc overtaking another car shortly after turning at Possett Bridge and then heading toward Strines. The overtaken car looked to be accerating normally up to around 30mph after taking the bend but obviously not quick enough for the bottom in the Merc. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

EmmyJane Designs

Speeding on Strines Road
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 05:41:52 PM »
At the moment I'm driving to New Mills and back (or when possible taking the bus) from Marple at least 5 days a week.

Many motorists seem unaware that most of Strines road is a 30 mph zone and many times I get overtaken and this is when I'm driving at 32 mph.
Please slow down, it's not a race track. It's narrow in places, very windy and is used by a lot of cyclists and quite often horses.