Market Research Company | Marple Stockport

Author Topic: Waiting for MP to reply  (Read 9678 times)

amazon

Re: Waiting for MP to reply
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2016, 08:43:29 PM »
He was very good before he became an MP.

Yes he made sure he be came a mp ...

Russ

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2016, 08:34:13 PM »
I wouldn't hold your breath, sadly, I hear this all the time.  He also won't discuss generic things like tax credit cuts and PIP cuts out in the open or on social media. Yet he is happy to discuss Brexit to all on sundry openly.

I have a friend still waiting for a response to email re tax credits cuts from months ago. Whilst he is living at home with parents, surely he has more time not less! And his mum very much involved with Tory politics, she has stood herself and very involved with William on social media. Surely between them they could get on top of the emails!

He was very good before he became an MP.

JMC

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2016, 01:51:18 PM »
Still waiting for my reply, despite 3 communications I have only received a reply stating he will respond.

Without going into detail my enquiry was asking about his stance on an issue that affects a considerable number of his constituents and I'd like to think that whever he chooses to live or with whom that such a reply via email would be possible after a several month wait.

Needless to say I'm very disappointed.

I wouldn't hold your breath, sadly, I hear this all the time.  He also won't discuss generic things like tax credit cuts and PIP cuts out in the open or on social media. Yet he is happy to discuss Brexit to all on sundry openly.

I have a friend still waiting for a response to email re tax credits cuts from months ago. Whilst he is living at home with parents, surely he has more time not less! And his mum very much involved with Tory politics, she has stood herself and very involved with William on social media. Surely between them they could get on top of the emails! 

Iona

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2016, 01:34:36 PM »
Still waiting for my reply, despite 3 communications I have only received a reply stating he will respond.

Without going into detail my enquiry was asking about his stance on an issue that affects a considerable number of his constituents and I'd like to think that whever he chooses to live or with whom that such a reply via email would be possible after a several month wait.

Needless to say I'm very disappointed.

hatter76

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2016, 08:18:53 PM »
Just moving away slightly from our MP, in general I think the expenses system needs changing. To me travel to and from the constituency and overnight hotel expenses in Travelodge type accommodation should be allowed, anything else forget it. Let's remember its only 2 hours on the train Euston to Stockport, its less than 2hours in the plane to any UK destination.

I agree with Simonesaffron, I think the all MPs should essentially still live in the constituency they represent.

simonesaffron

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2016, 12:42:54 PM »
So you would be happy for our MP and all the others from this region and futher north to be absent from the House of Commons in order to be in the constituency would you?  I was under the impression that we voted for someone to represent us in the House of Commons. To do that's he has to actually be in the House of Commons while it is sitting. If Mr Wragg (who I didn't vote for incidentally) stayed here and did not spend his time doing his job in the Commons, then we would have a valid complaint. The Commons is where he and all the other MPs are supposed to be. That's what we elect MPs to do.

No Condate, that  isn't what I said, it's what you said I said . Furthermore I can assure you that I am sufficiently educated to know why we vote for our MP's, so please desist with the pompous lecture and try and have more respect. As I am sure you know Parliament doesn't sit 365 days a year, they have long recessions (it's all in the public domain, to better inform your opinion)  and when Parliament is not sitting, our MP should be in his constituency.

By the way, I am not criticising our MP in any way, I am not saying that he isn't doing everything that he should be doing. I have no knowledge whatsoever as to where he is buying a house, as far as I'm concerned he can buy one where he likes. All I'm saying is that he needs to spend time in his constituency and I'm sure he would agree with me and I'm equally sure that he is doing so and whilst we are debating this, I've seen him a few times in Marple which is more than I can say for his predecessor. 

JMC

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2016, 12:13:19 PM »
Some good points by Andy.

Age and experience is a point worth considering but there have been some great young councillors and MPs.

The Marple South candidate is about 18 I think. He could well be very knowledgeable but there is something to be said for life experience. Living with parents etc and not having had bills to pay or stress of keeping roof over your head is a whole new world. However, benefit of the doubt and all that and it is good to have all ages representing.

Condate

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2016, 11:53:05 AM »
But the 'bulk of the work' isn't elsewhere is it? The bulk of the work is in his constituency.
So you would be happy for our MP and all the others from this region and futher north to be absent from the House of Commons in order to be in the constituency would you?  I was under the impression that we voted for someone to represent us in the House of Commons. To do that's he has to actually be in the House of Commons while it is sitting. If Mr Wragg (who I didn't vote for incidentally) stayed here and did not spend his time doing his job in the Commons, then we would have a valid complaint. The Commons is where he and all the other MPs are supposed to be. That's what we elect MPs to do.

simonesaffron

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2016, 11:39:16 AM »
Why, when the bulk of his job is else where?

But the 'bulk of the work' isn't elsewhere is it? The bulk of the work is in his constituency.

wheels

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2016, 10:45:52 AM »
It is it fine wanting a career in politics, however you don't have to be a politician.

We will continue to get the politicians we deserve until the point of whole scale reform which for me means PR, and elected second chamber and the abolition of the Monarchy. Perhaps compulsory voting with 'non of the above' could be an option

Attachment removed by Admin.

I don't think many would disagree with all those points Andy. 

andy+kirsty

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2016, 09:35:29 AM »
Comments like this leave me in a slight state of turmoil Andy.  What is actually wrong with someone wanting to build a career in politics. Is it in some way last noble than building a career as a doctor or an engineer or an Web designer or whatever.....?

Having said that the one were talking about was regarded as out of his depth on Stockport Council so I don't think we should expect too much as I think your post implies.

It is it fine wanting a career in politics, however you don't have to be a politician.

What is Parliament for? And where will we end up with 650 careerists? [and all sides are guilty of it]

In five years time we will have an MP who's real world experience is being in parliament, sitting down each day with Bullingdon millionaires and talking about decisions which will have a massive impact on all of us but with no first hand understanding of what the implications may be. He isn't credible on anything - a few post NQT terms as a teacher in Rochdale doesn't really cut it. He will become an expert in how our parliament works and will fight tooth and nail to protect his own position and that of those who got him there (not the electorate but those from the conservative party )

We will continue to get the politicians we deserve until the point of whole scale reform which for me means PR, and elected second chamber and the abolition of the Monarchy. Perhaps compulsory voting with 'non of the above' could be an option

Attachment removed by Admin.

marpleexile

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2016, 08:40:13 AM »
You mean, like Donald Trump?

Well actually, yes.

In terms of life and work experiences at any rate. His political views don't mesh with mine so I would never actually vote for him.

wheels

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2016, 09:54:56 PM »
Lol what a perfect response Dave 10/10

Dave

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2016, 09:49:22 PM »
You mean, like Donald Trump?

marpleexile

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2016, 06:32:31 PM »
What is actually wrong with someone wanting to build a career in politics. Is it in some way last noble than building a career as a doctor or an engineer or an Web designer or whatever.....?

Well, where to start.

There's a strong element of truth in that adage about the types of people who crave power being the last people who should have it.

The thing with career politicians is that they don't have much in the way of real world knowledge and/or experience, and it all becomes about the politics and getting reelected, rather than serving the people.

Personally, I would rather have politicians who have lived and worked in the real world for a substantial amount of time before they enter politics, and then have them term limited like they do for some positions in the US.