A M Photo-Graphics

Author Topic: A copy of A Man of Insignificance  (Read 4498 times)

ta41700

Re: A copy of A Man of Insignificance
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2016, 05:37:58 PM »
An excellent read and it also raised £240 for Marple Skatepark Project too!

See this thread: http://www.marple-uk.com/smf/index.php?topic=5921.msg38418#msg38418
What a great gesture.  Have finished the book and can definitely recommend it. :)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2016, 08:06:40 AM »
Excellent read with twists and turns, really enjoying it.

An excellent read and it also raised £240 for Marple Skatepark Project too!

See this thread: http://www.marple-uk.com/smf/index.php?topic=5921.msg38418#msg38418
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

JMC

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2016, 10:03:40 PM »
When I called at the Springfield Hotel for a copy of A Man of Insignificance unfortunately the author wasn't there but his lovely wife Elaine was.  We had a cup of tea and a chat  and I left with a signed copy of the book.

reply to JMC:

The book is a murder mystery that spans two hundred years and involves two families across four generations.  One of the main characters is a local councillor - I wonder where Kevin Dowling got his inspiration from for that chap!!!

Ooh thanks it sounds great! May pop in and get a copy from the hotel next week. Good to hear they are so friendly in there too :)

ta41700

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2016, 09:40:16 PM »
When I called at the Springfield Hotel for a copy of A Man of Insignificance unfortunately the author wasn't there but his lovely wife Elaine was.  We had a cup of tea and a chat  and I left with a signed copy of the book.

reply to JMC:

The book is a murder mystery that spans two hundred years and involves two families across four generations.  One of the main characters is a local councillor - I wonder where Kevin Dowling got his inspiration from for that chap!!!

JMC

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 08:42:43 PM »
For anyone who maybe interested, KC Dowling's book is an excellent read.  Have been gripped by the intrigue since collecting my copy on Tuesday.  Hopefully the up and coming elections will be as exciting!

What kind of book is it and how much please?

simonesaffron

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 04:23:18 PM »
I meant to say, quite as exciting.

simonesaffron

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 04:22:01 PM »
I've actually read it too salemoorgirl. I agree it was very enjoyable and intriguing.

Somehow, I don't think the forthcoming council elections will be   

ta41700

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 12:07:10 PM »
For anyone who maybe interested, KC Dowling's book is an excellent read.  Have been gripped by the intrigue since collecting my copy on Tuesday.  Hopefully the up and coming elections will be as exciting!

ta41700

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 08:58:17 PM »
Thanks Admin for your help. I am calling at the hotel tomorrow morning for a copy of the book. I will keep you posted.

K.C.Dowling

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 05:16:38 PM »
Thanks Admin,

salemoorgirl, thank you for your interest. If you would like to call in at the Springfield any morning between 8am and midday you can have a signed copy. Alternatively if you wish to email me your address via PM I'll get a copy to you.

Hope that you enjoy reading it.

Please note, I've removed KC's email address from this message but you can contact him through the forum via Personal Message if you wish. - Admin.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 04:07:53 PM »
Thanks for the information but as a new resident, please forgive my ignorance, I don't understand the connection with the Springfield Hotel?

Sorry, Kevin and his wife own and run the Springfield Hotel on Station Road.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

ta41700

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 03:56:46 PM »
Thanks for the information but as a new resident, please forgive my ignorance, I don't understand the connection with the Springfield Hotel?

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 03:05:53 PM »
Is Kevin Dowling - Candidate, the same Kevin Dowling - author? I'm trying to purchase a copy of A Man of Insignificance but can't find it on the website.

Any suggestions please?

He is indeed the same @K.C.Dowling. You can buy the book on-line here http://kcdowling.com/buy/ or you could call at the Springfield Hotel and pick one up I should think and save the £3 postage.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

ta41700

A copy of A Man of Insignificance
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 02:50:22 PM »
Is Kevin Dowling - Candidate, the same Kevin Dowling - author? I'm trying to purchase a copy of A Man of Insignificance but can't find it on the website.

Any suggestions please?