Marple Blasting Services | Blast Cleaning Stockport

Author Topic: Disability Charities in Marple  (Read 2168 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Disability Charities in Marple
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 02:54:45 PM »
Hi all,
With all that's been in the news over the last week and our own MPs shift from announcing that "one of my personal aims for the new year is to provide further help to members of our community with disabilities." to then voting in favour of cuts to ESA, I've been thinking that it would be a good time to see if there are any local charities involved with helping the disabled that could use some help.

Could anybody recommend a charity that could do with some weekend or evening assistance?

Thanks.
The red cross equipment loan shop on the corner of Derby Street and Derby Way are currently advertising for help. See the advert in the window.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Disability Charities in Marple
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 07:38:44 AM »
The Red Cross Mobility Aid Centre has a Community Page on the main web site. There may be opportunities to help there:

MOBILITY AID CENTRE
The British Red Cross Mobility Aid Centre is at 16, Derby Way, Marple, adjacent to the Red Cross shop. Here you can borrow wheelchairs, commodes, bath seats etc., for up to 3 months by paying a small deposit (any item). As a registered charity we welcome donations to maintain this valuable service.

OPENING TIMES: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10.00 to 13.00 hours throughout the year (excluding Bank Holidays). Tel.:0161 427 8366
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

smudger

Disability Charities in Marple
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 09:12:15 PM »
Hi all,
With all that's been in the news over the last week and our own MPs shift from announcing that "one of my personal aims for the new year is to provide further help to members of our community with disabilities." to then voting in favour of cuts to ESA, I've been thinking that it would be a good time to see if there are any local charities involved with helping the disabled that could use some help.

Could anybody recommend a charity that could do with some weekend or evening assistance?

Thanks.