Paul Whittaker Plumbing

Author Topic: Waiting for MP to reply  (Read 9681 times)

marpleexile

Re: Waiting for MP to reply
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2016, 06:23:24 PM »
What do I expect?  I expect him to live in his constituency.

Why, when the bulk of his job is else where?

wheels

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2016, 05:55:25 PM »
Thankfully not all of us were that gullible!

It was clear that he is/was a careerist Tory, what do you expect?

Comments like this leave me in a slight state of turmoil Andy.  What is actually wrong with someone wanting to build a career in politics. Is it in some way last noble than building a career as a doctor or an engineer or an Web designer or whatever.....?

Having said that the one were talking about was regarded as out of his depth on Stockport Council so I don't think we should expect too much as I think your post implies.

simonesaffron

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 04:42:53 PM »

No Andy, I didn't say that I voted for him.  If you want to know I didn't. What do I expect?  I expect him to live in his constituency.

mikes

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2016, 03:05:47 PM »
Certainly, as a tax payer, I'd rather be paying his expenses to make a return trip to the constituency once a week instead of making a return trip to London 3/4/5 times a week.

No you will be paying for his London rental house instead.

marpleexile

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2016, 11:28:00 AM »
No he doesn't Marpleexile,

He only visits London, he works and lives in his Hazel Grove constituency. At least that is what he told us before we elected him. As I recall he made a big issue out of being 'local.' If he had told us he lived/was going to live in London, we wouldn't have voted for him.

Well he did, he was a local school teacher. He's now got a new job based in London, so it's not entirely unreasonable that he might relocate to near where his new job is.

Certainly, as a tax payer, I'd rather be paying his expenses to make a return trip to the constituency once a week instead of making a return trip to London 3/4/5 times a week.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2016, 10:26:01 AM »
I've only seen it stated twice. Both times by @wheels. He couldn't be making political mischief, surely.

That's what I was wondering @Harry !
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Harry

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2016, 10:11:37 AM »
Out of curiosity how is it known that he is looking to buy a house in London but not in Hazel Grove?

There are lots of news articles about @William Wragg saying that he moved back in with his parents (while he was still a school teacher as I understand it) but I can't see anything saying he is saving up for a deposit for a house in London specifically. So where is this coming from? Not saying it's wrong, just how do "we" know this?

I've only seen it stated twice. Both times by @wheels. He couldn't be making political mischief, surely.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2016, 09:29:21 AM »
Out of curiosity how is it known that he is looking to buy a house in London but not in Hazel Grove?

There are lots of news articles about @William Wragg saying that he moved back in with his parents (while he was still a school teacher as I understand it) but I can't see anything saying he is saving up for a deposit for a house in London specifically. So where is this coming from? Not saying it's wrong, just how do "we" know this?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

andy+kirsty

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 08:34:41 AM »

If he had told us he lived/was going to live in London, we wouldn't have voted for him.

simonesaffron

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 08:20:38 AM »
But he, like all other MPs, works in London, so why would he buy one round here?

No he doesn't Marpleexile,

He only visits London, he works and lives in his Hazel Grove constituency. At least that is what he told us before we elected him. As I recall he made a big issue out of being 'local.' If he had told us he lived/was going to live in London, we wouldn't have voted for him.

marpleexile

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 08:44:45 PM »
Yes busy looking for a house in London rather than the area he seeks to represent.

But he, like all other MPs, works in London, so why would he buy one round here?

wheels

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 08:33:59 PM »
He will be to busy in London .

Yes busy looking for a house in London rather than the area he seeks to represent.

amazon

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 02:23:10 PM »
I contacted William Wragg, MP several weeks ago but haven't had a reply (not even one to say my issue is being dealt with).
I'm very disappointed with the response and will chase it up but I wondered if others had been similarly let down?
He will be to busy in London .

marpleexile

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 12:23:42 PM »
I have had a reply to my query but the initial response was v slow for which he apologised & the follow up actions were prompt. I suspect it's partially about the adjustment to being a new MP & setting up an office which didn't happen for a couple of months.

Also, I'm sure all MPs prioritise their correspondence and reply to the urgent/time sensitive ones first, whilst the rest get pushed down the queue - especially the, dare I say, more frivolous ones that they almost certainly get.

corium

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 10:32:52 AM »
I have had a reply to my query but the initial response was v slow for which he apologised & the follow up actions were prompt. I suspect it's partially about the adjustment to being a new MP & setting up an office which didn't happen for a couple of months.