Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: 394 bus service  (Read 38229 times)

marplerambler

Re: 394 bus service
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 08:51:08 PM »
High Peak Buses website indicates that a Saturday service will continue to operate (though I bet this won't last for very long). Heaven knows why High Peak extended it from Stepping Hill to Stockport last year as this meant that three buses instead of two were needed to operate the service. I have lived in Marple for 15 years and for me the 394 service has been one of the best things about living in Marple though I have often felt to have been in a minority of one as it is often the case that I would be the only person on the bus this side of Gamesley. I have walked the Cown Edge Way from my backdoorstep to Charlesworth many times when I have had a spare afternoon and love walking Glossop circulars onto Bleaklow or Glossop back to Hayfield for the 358. I thought that we had lost it a few years ago when the bus company folded and it has been living on borrowed time and free concessionary travel ever since. We lost the  67 back from Baslow/Eyam a few years ago. The 358 no longer goes up to Newtown to connect with the 199 for Buxton so we now have the slog from Union Road up Albion road to get to the 199/TP bus stop when heading for Buxton.

I shall miss it dearly but Lane Ends and Chisworth will no longer have a bus service and the link from Hawk Green to High Lane will be lost.

Cameron has been to the buses what Beeching was to the railways. May he (and our Conservative MP) rot for the isolation of so many rural villages throughout the country due to withdrawal for funding for grants to operate rural bus services - just like the railway lines, when they have gone they will have gone forever and car owning Conservative MPs couldn't give a toss!

hatter76

Re: 394 bus service
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 08:49:24 PM »
The 394 bus service is being withdrawn end of March ,can you phone  email  your MP its a vital service to stepping hill .it must be saved .

Yes hope they find the money to save the route, probably a lifeline for vulnerable people going to hospital . Is it subsidised at the minute, does any one know why it is being cut?

Alternative is normal 384 to A6 then cross the road and catch the 192. Not a problem for someone who is fit and healthy but problematic if your not very well or organised.

amazon

394 bus service
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 07:41:02 PM »
The 394 bus service is being withdrawn end of March ,can you phone  email  your MP its a vital service to stepping hill .it must be saved .