Lawler & Co - Marple's Local Independent Estate Agent for Sales and Lettings

Author Topic: Inconsiderate parking  (Read 4104 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Inconsiderate parking
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2016, 02:07:42 PM »
Given where it is parked, cutting the handbrake cable would be far more effective than sticking "No Parking" signs on it!

It has been there some time - possibly it is stolen. Querying that with the police (some time around the rush hour) may get some action.
I don't think it's stolen. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it isn't. The other day it was there when I came home from Glossop at lunchtime, not when I went back mid-afternoon and back again at "rush hour". I assumed it belonged to the owner/manager of the "PP".

Russ

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2016, 09:09:58 AM »
It looked like he had broken down when I originally walked past as the hazard lights were flashing.

Most likely, unless it belonged to the owner of the PP caff.

hatter76

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2016, 09:01:01 PM »
It looked like he had broken down when I originally walked past as the hazard lights were flashing.

corium

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2016, 05:13:56 PM »
It was gone when I went past c 1530 ish. 15 mins ago was occupied by a white van instead but I think they were just delivering to the Purple P. Should we be thinking of red routing this part of Station road so there is no stopping at any time.

marpleexile

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 03:24:22 PM »
It was still there this morning  >:(

Is it "still there" or has it been returned there? Might start a worrying trend if someone has realised that they parking there every day is an option.

hollins

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 10:52:08 AM »
Given where it is parked, cutting the handbrake cable would be far more effective than sticking "No Parking" signs on it!

It has been there some time - possibly it is stolen. Querying that with the police (some time around the rush hour) may get some action.

Melancholyflower

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 08:14:25 AM »
Is there anyone we can raise this with to get the lines painted over this area?
I assume this is an oversight when they tarmac-ed the road.

Henry_

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 08:02:18 AM »
It was still there this morning  >:(

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 07:42:33 AM »
There is a thread about this, see : http://www.marple-uk.com/smf/index.php?topic=6720.msg40456;topicseen#msg40456

Edited to add:  I don't know why my reply is coming above the original posting.  I have tried twice but cannot get it into the right position!

Mike's right @Blossom explanation and apology in the other thread in his quote, sorry!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

badger

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 10:44:23 PM »
There is also another spot just around the corner, as you come up Station Rd: and turn left onto Arkwright Rd. between the junction and the bus stop there is just one cars length where the lines stop and some one has found it and it causes back logs when traffic coming the other way can't exit at the junction.

mikes

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 09:14:27 PM »
Edited to add:  I don't know why my reply is coming above the original posting.  I have tried twice but cannot get it into the right position!

There is a thread about this, see : http://www.marple-uk.com/smf/index.php?topic=6720.msg40456;topicseen#msg40456

barndoor

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 08:43:13 PM »
Yes, I got caught in the traffic queue as a result of this inconsiderate parker as well.

I was impressed with how someone expressed their displeasure with two handwritten 'DO NOT PARK HERE' signs, which they had carefully positioned on both the front and rear windscreens.

Blossom

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 08:37:47 PM »
I walked past that car just after 12 noon and it was there then, and causing problems.  Why is there a short break in the double yellow lines just outside the Purple Pakora.  I agree it was very inconsiderate parking but I suppose if you spoke to the owner of the vehicle they would say there is nothing to stop them parking there.  Apart from common sense.

nbt

Inconsiderate parking
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 07:51:05 PM »
On my commute home from Hyde, I've just had to queue from The Spring Gardens pub, with traffic moving very slowly

The problem, it turned out, was some person (I was going to use a different word) who had decided to park their Chelsea Tractor ON THE ROAD outside the Purple Pakora, opposite the station. Yes, right next to the big car park, just up the hill from another car park. They were obviously planning to stay for a while as wing mirrors were folded in etc. Problem is you can't get two cars past at once.

Grrr. Frustrating. I'm a bit calmer now but at the time I was furious. Do people really have so little concern for other people? Apparently so :-(

NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist