Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Asda car park - beware  (Read 16358 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Asda car park - beware
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2018, 05:58:14 PM »
Ok I know I'm going to get shot down now but I'm feeling mischievous! Whilst I have every sympathy for the cinema goers who didn't realise the hours of operation and were not taking up spaces shoppers wanted, I think it's fair enough that there should be limits on how long you can park during the day in the asda car park. Two hours is plenty of time to do your supermarket shop and even nip and support the local shops, but if you want to be in Marple longer there are plenty of other parking options, some paid, some requiring a bit of a walk for those of you that are able. I've been stuck in that car park trying to get out when it is gridlocked with people looking for spaces and having a sensible limit makes it fair for everyone.

( puts Tim hat on, retires to a safe distance and waits for 'indignant of marple' to start laying in to me)

Alison
With you on this, Alison. There's even a little free carpark on the corner of Church Lane/Hibbert Lane.

I don't shop in Asda ("moral" issues) but I was Poppy selling on two days last year and the number of customers coming and going in Asda wasn't commensuate with the number of cars on the parking lot. And the size of the average shop leaving Asda - left me wondering if the Marple branch is an intended "loss leader" or if it's for the chop sometime in the near future.

(And yes, I do realise that two Poppy sessions aren't a serious poll but it does beg the question of why the plans for the Willows site folded as easily as it did.)

amazon

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2018, 08:26:54 PM »
Wait till the Post Office moves there, you will never be able to park.
those legs were made for walking .

amazon

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2018, 07:50:26 PM »
Next month waiting for Asda to sort the lease  .

the rover

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2018, 05:35:09 PM »

Dave

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2018, 01:20:37 PM »
Good news - it seems to be getting increasingly difficult to find a space in Asda.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2018, 05:52:16 AM »
Old news then .

If you read earlier in the thread you will see that the cameras were removed some time ago. Rothers is just telling people they are back.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2018, 09:01:52 PM »
It has been logged before and Asda shut the cameras off at 19.00 for cinema goers
Old news then .

badger

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2018, 07:25:25 PM »
It has been logged before and Asda shut the cameras off at 19.00 for cinema goers

amazon

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2018, 04:40:24 PM »
there are cameras monitoring the entrance/exit at Asda, if you stay longer than 2hrs, you will get a letter from ParkingEye solutions with picture evidence and a nice bill for £40.
so what was the arangement before or has this allready been comented on will this afect people going to the cinema they must be some notice saying what time etc .

ROTHERS

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2018, 04:27:47 PM »
Are you suggesting that's a bad thing.
Did i say it was a bad thing ? - No. It was a polite notice to inform people of something they may not know about.

wheels

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2018, 03:55:11 PM »
there are cameras monitoring the entrance/exit at Asda, if you stay longer than 2hrs, you will get a letter from ParkingEye solutions with picture evidence and a nice bill for £40.

Are you suggesting that's a bad thing.

ROTHERS

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2018, 02:23:27 PM »

the rover

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2016, 06:30:44 AM »
They have temporarily disabled the pay stations in Stockport too.

Alison

The company who monitored the parking have gone bust according to Asda.

Barbara

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2016, 07:30:23 PM »
They lost hundreds of baskets taken by the trustworthy residents of Marple!  I asked when it happened a couple of weeks ago!!

alison

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2016, 07:02:39 PM »
They have temporarily disabled the pay stations in Stockport too. At a guess they've just signed up to a new car park services provider, maybe you'll get the ones like in Aldi where you have to put your number plate in. On a connected note, just been in Asda Marple - bit of a trust issue there, they've put security tags on all the baskets!

Alison