Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: What's the response like when you use SMBC web Report It / Fly Tipping?  (Read 3143 times)

nipper14

Re: What's the response like when you use SMBC web Report It / Fly Tipping?
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 02:55:19 PM »
Interesting that you got a more informative response than I did after reporting it via the Fly Tipping on-line form.
I've had no feedback on either of the reports I've submitted.
Also the on-line link is still showing the Fly Tip report as "report received", not "complete" as you'd expect.

What email address did you sent your report to @nipper14  ?
It seems to be more effective than the form. What do you think @CllrGeoffAbell ?

I went into the SMBC website, searched fly tipping,completed the fly tipping report form and obtained a reference number. I must admit I was surprised to receive a phone call the same afternoon.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 02:57:17 PM »
Emailed SMBC yesterday afternoon about the additional fly tipping at Wood Lane. Later in the afternoon I received a phone call from the council thanking me for reporting it and advising me that the rubbish had been removed. They are examining the dumped items and apparently are following up several leads. I am aware that the original fly tipping had already been reported, so I am not claiming that the items were removed in response to my email.

Interesting that you got a more informative response than I did after reporting it via the Fly Tipping on-line form.
I've had no feedback on either of the reports I've submitted.
Also the on-line link is still showing the Fly Tip report as "report received", not "complete" as you'd expect.

What email address did you sent your report to @nipper14  ?
It seems to be more effective than the form. What do you think @CllrGeoffAbell ?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

nipper14

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 11:57:27 AM »
Emailed SMBC yesterday afternoon about the additional fly tipping at Wood Lane. Later in the afternoon I received a phone call from the council thanking me for reporting it and advising me that the rubbish had been removed. They are examining the dumped items and apparently are following up several leads. I am aware that the original fly tipping had already been reported, so I am not claiming that the items were removed in response to my email.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 06:52:54 AM »
If there are 2 fridges still on the canal bank then they should really be removed as they are very environmentally unfriendly.

Maybe a  good test of the "new" system to put in a new fly-tipping report and see what happens?

https://interactive.stockport.gov.uk/olf/flytipping/01-What.aspx
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

CllrGeoffAbell

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 01:38:23 PM »
Thanks for all the responses.

Fly tipping costs the council (and therefore residents) so please do report offenders (in confidence) to the council or your councillors as Kenny requested.

I am worried by what @Phil said - that should not be the case.

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 08:39:35 PM »
When some fly tippers were observed dumping 2 fridges in the Ringers car park 2 (or perhaps more) years ago, reported to the council and a statement made complete with registration number; not only was no further action taken but the fridges are still there.

Well nearly "there". As the council didn't move them in over 2 weeks, somebody decided to throw them down the canal banking... That's where they remain to this day...

RH.

sgk

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 07:27:50 PM »
Hi @admin and @CllrGeoffAbell
Last time I reported an isue via Website it took a month for a response despite website indicating should be a fortnight or less.

Just over two weeks for them to clear up the Hollins Lane rubbish.

http://www.marple-uk.com/smf/index.php?topic=6463.msg39008

JohnBates

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 04:23:58 PM »
Hi @admin and @CllrGeoffAbell
Last time I reported an isue via Website it took a month for a response despite website indicating should be a fortnight or less.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
What's the response like when you use SMBC web Report It / Fly Tipping?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 04:01:52 PM »
Hi @CllrGeoffAbell,

In response to your query in the title of this thread, asked on Twitter (but 140 characters is not enough).

With the incident of broken glass on the Middlewood Way, the response was not very good. It was reported on Monday, I received an email acknowledging receipt with a link to be able to check the status of the Case Report immediately. The broken glass and other rubbish was not removed until Friday morning and that was after a lot of extra effort from @CllrKennyBlair , which shouldn't really have been necessary. Furthermore, the link to the Case Reference currently shows the following status if I click the link now:

Case Reference 102270220
Enquiry Type: Broken glass
Current Status: Report received

This status is the same as it was on Monday night (10 days ago). If things were joined up then by now it should say that the current status is completed surely? So the implication to me is that the system is not working properly, although to be fair this is the only data I have and it could be an isolated incident.

The second report sent yesterday about fly tipping on the Middlewood Way shows the same status but as Cllr Blair contacted officers about it immediately the response time is not likely to be representative of a normal report. It will be interesting to see if the Case Status is updated when the rubbish is cleared, or if it remains out of date like the Broken Glass one.

Incidentally, I've passed on a secondhand eye witness report to Cllr Blair about a distinctive van and trailer that were seen heading down Wood Lane at around 3pm yesterday. I won't repeat the details here as I didn't see it myself but I hope that it may help with investigations to identify the culprits.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website