Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: Speeding on Church Lane  (Read 2479 times)

Cyberman

Re: Speeding on Church Lane
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 06:25:05 PM »
No more speed bumps please! I think the bumps on Church Lane cause more problems than they solve as the less responsible motorists swerve towards the (narrow) pavement to avoid them. When the culprit is a white van, the mirror gets very close to pedestrians.

In my opinion speed bumps probably do slow the more careful motorists, but make no difference to the boy (and girl) racers who are the problem.

marpleexile

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 05:43:21 PM »

The bumps they have on lower Church Lane and Hibbert lane are largely a waste of space as they are either poorly positioned or small enough for most vehicles to go over them without slowing down.

The road narrowing pinch points such as they have on Carr Brow leading to Jackson's Edge Road in High Lane work best.

Snowball

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 11:19:59 PM »
Having said that speed humps are definitely not the answer.

You are absolutely right, I live on Cross Lane which is full of speed bumps that are totally ignored by the vaste majority of drivers who bang across them undeterred. Big Lorrys and trucks are the worst they make a tremendous racket.

Church Lane residents if you want to find fight for traffic calming measures don't ask for speed bumps.

badger

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 04:20:50 PM »
I live at Hawk Green and use Church Lane daily both ways and have seen an increase of traffic using that route since the speed humps were introduced to Upper Hibbert Lane several years ago,it has become a bit of a rat run, especially in the mornings when people are dashing to work,and can see it getting worse when the MARRS is finished.Having said that speed humps are definitely not the answer.

CllrKennyBlair

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 11:21:36 PM »
There is currently an ongoing consultation to introduce a 20mph speed limit on Church Lane around the area of the school. As a result of enquiries by residents, myself and Tom Dowse we managed to get a temporary VAS (Vehicle Activated Sign) which as well as indicating to the driver what speed they are doing, also records these. This helps the Council ascertain firstly, if there is a problem and secondly, the extent of the problem.

ROTHERS

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 05:08:05 PM »
please - no more humps, I moved to Marple from Dane Bank to get away from those..  (and an overall better quality of life too !)
There was a speed warning camera at the top of church lane, going up the hill, just before the Bell Tower at the Church which didnt seem to be the most logical place to put it, considering there are always cars parked on the left, thus making it almost one way.
I am surprised there are no 20 speed limit signs around the school on church lane.

Cookie

Speeding on Church Lane
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 03:20:28 PM »
Has anyone ever asked Stockport Council as to why there are not traffic calming measures on Church Lane?  I live on Church Lane and the amount of cars that use it as a race track is unbelievable.  The first part of Church Lane (which is one way) has traffic calming humps but once cars cross the small roundabout most go over the speed limit.  I am surprised that there havent been measures put in place considering All Saints Primary School is situated on Church Lane.  I have emailed the Council but haven't as yet had a response.

Many thanks!