Lawler & Co - Marple's Local Independent Estate Agent for Sales and Lettings

Author Topic: Avro Vulcan Bomber  (Read 5010 times)

hollins

Re: Avro Vulcan Bomber
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2015, 09:56:29 PM »
Here is one still from my video at Woodford.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Howard

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2015, 09:51:49 PM »
Here's a video from Woodford of the flyover:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-34496932

amazon

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2015, 11:39:03 AM »
 Manchester evening news for pics of vulcan Bomber /

amazon

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2015, 10:52:12 AM »
It is very sad to see The AVRO site gone, I worked there for many happy years!

No pics anyone /

Razzle24

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2015, 08:08:44 PM »
It is very sad to see The AVRO site gone, I worked there for many happy years!

hollins

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 07:46:29 PM »
Agreed. Viewed it from the perimeter fence on Old Hall Lane and the low-level flypast was awesome. Spontaneous clapping as the plane headed off to the west.

Thanks to those who flagged this up.

Condate

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2015, 04:09:32 PM »
Just got back from Woodford. The Vulcan was magnificent as always. Such a shame it won't be flying any more after this season. Such a shame to see Woodford in ruins as well.

Lily

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 05:15:22 PM »
Another link that may be of help for viewing the Vulcan tomorrow.

http://avroheritagemuseum.co.uk/xh558-final-farewell-tour-flypast/

If you click on 'buy tickets' you can purchase them for cars, motorcycles and bicycles. The tickets give you access to the AVRO site where they are now building houses. Cars are, apparently, limited and you need to give your registration number when booking.

Lily

Howard

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 05:01:04 PM »
It might be worth a try going to Lyme Park and going up to the hill overlooking Poynton.

Timetable is on the MEN website:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/vulcan-bomber-flypast-greater-manchester-10223002

"After taking off from Robin Hood Airport in Doncaster, the plane is due to fly over Westhoughton in Bolton then Atherton, Tyldesley and Astley, roughly following the route of the A577, before crossing Barton Moss Road in Salford and passing over City Airport at Barton at around 3pm.

From there, it will follow the path of the M62 past Boysnope Golf Club, Irlam and Cadishead before turning close to Lymm Golf Club and flying down through Bucklow Hill and Mobberley for a 3.05pm arrival adjacent to Manchester Airport. From there, the Vulcan is due to roughly follow the route of the A5102 to Woodford Aerodrome, its spiritual home, for 3.10pm.

The route from there will take XH558 back past Alderley Edge on a flight path to Ellesmere before it flies on to Shrewsbury."

Tillyed1

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 11:28:38 AM »
If you head over towards the golf course and driving range at Adlington you should get a good view as its a very open aspect there, going on your bike is good call as it could get congested in the Poynton/Woodford/Adlington area with other visitors.

hollins

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 10:50:12 AM »
I might well cycle over and view it. Any idea where the best publicly-accessible viewing point at Woodford is? If it does the sharp turn suggested on the route map you might get two chances to see it.

Tillyed1

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 10:13:58 AM »
Lily, thank you.

There is also an App that can be had where you can track the plane, but I think if you keep you eyes and ears open you should know when its about

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 09:16:35 AM »
I did post this yesterday with a link and picture but it failed to appear, so the posting may repeat itself at some point

No sign of your earlier post @The Canonball Kid at a guess I would suggest maybe the image file was too large. Thank you for persevering and thank you @Lily for the link.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Lily

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 08:52:10 AM »

Tillyed1

Avro Vulcan Bomber
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 08:44:26 AM »
For anyone who is interested a Vulcan Bomber will be doing a Farewell to flying Passover the Ex Avro factory at wood ford tomorrow (Sat 10th Oct) at approximately 15.09.

Keep you eyes upwards, if you don't manage to see it I'm certain you will hear it.

I did post this yesterday with a link and picture but it failed to appear, so the posting may repeat itself at some point