Market Research Company | Marple Stockport

Author Topic: New micropub in Marple?  (Read 12760 times)

Gandalf

Re: New micropub in Marple?
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2016, 10:42:28 PM »
Portland wines in Compstall used to have a good bottle beer range including BCA's.

Dave

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2016, 09:57:52 AM »
Asda's real ale selection is woeful and there are no craft beers whatsoever. This leaves the only option as Morrisons in Bredbury unless someone can tell me otherwise.

AFAIK neither Asda nor Morrison's sell 'real ale' at the moment - real ale meaning a bottle conditioned beer, such as Worthington White Shield, which has a sediment in the bottom of the bottle.  However, a few perfectly acceptable 'unreal' beers can be found at both of these, such as Old Speckled Hen, Abbott and Bishop's Finger, and Asda sell these at £5 for four half-litre bottles, which is not a bad price. 

wheels

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2016, 10:18:44 PM »
The beer shop, I don't know what it's called, in Stockport Market also carries a large range

corium

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2016, 07:59:49 PM »
Other sources are All things nice in the precinct ( though the number stocked can go up and down) and Dutsons in Marple Bridge.

barndoor

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2016, 07:34:17 PM »
@Henry_
The Bottle Stop in Bramhall is well worth the short drive. They sell a very extensive range of real ales & craft beers, plus wine, munchies, accessories etc. I can never spend just a few minutes in there!

I know what you mean about The Bottle Stop - it is terrific - but I'd hardly describe it as a 'short drive'. Much closer to home is Portland Wines on Compstall Road. It has a great selection of local ales: I normally go for those from Thornbridge Brewery in Bakewell, and the other day I noticed some from Torrside Brewing in New Mills. Well worth a visit, particularly following Bargain Booze's unexpected demise.

Cyberman

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2016, 05:38:40 PM »
This leaves the only option as Morrisons in Bredbury unless someone can tell me otherwise.
Goyt Wines in Whaley Bridge have a good selection. Not local obviously, but worth dropping in if passing through.

older-and-wider

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2016, 10:28:30 AM »
This leaves the only option as Morrisons in Bredbury unless someone can tell me otherwise.

@Henry_
The Bottle Stop in Bramhall is well worth the short drive :)

They sell a very extensive range of real ales & craft beers, plus wine, munchies, accessories etc. I can never spend just a few minutes in there!

Henry_

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2016, 10:36:12 PM »
Aldi in Romiley (as other branches) do a good selection of well known local and national bottled real ales and craft beers, considerably cheaper than the same brands at the likes of Morrisons, Asda & Tesco.

Thanks. In my experience they do a very good range of lagers but the real ales aren't that great and craft beers non existent. I'll look again though.

prestbury

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2016, 08:09:24 PM »

Aldi in Romiley (as other branches) do a good selection of well known local and national bottled real ales and craft beers, considerably cheaper than the same brands at the likes of Morrisons, Asda & Tesco.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2016, 07:13:19 PM »
Do Beer Traders do off-trade sales?

Yes they do. So will Samuel Oldknow when they open on Thursday.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Henry_

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2016, 07:10:02 PM »
Do Beer Traders do off-trade sales? If Bargain Booze is shut then that leaves a very poor selection of beers you can buy to take home in Marple. Asda's real ale selection is woeful and there are no craft beers whatsoever. This leaves the only option as Morrisons in Bredbury unless someone can tell me otherwise.

ta41700

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2016, 05:21:55 PM »
Lets hope they don't charge Manchester City Centre prices!!!!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2016, 06:25:37 AM »
Have heard that the new micro pub "Samuel Oldknow" on Market Street is due to open next Thursday at 1pm just in time for the Bank Holiday weekend!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

acoustician

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2016, 10:55:45 AM »
Sounds (pun not intended) like i need to pop down!

Duke Fame

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2016, 11:01:08 PM »
Just what we need more idiots on the streets of Marple  late at night .

In seriousness, these 'pubs' do not create a problem where they spring up and in a way, they go back to the original spirit of the pub. As the industry has all but died, this is itself being re-born.