RC Cars, RC Helicopters, RC Planes | Nitrotek Ltd

Author Topic: Cameras on Glossop Road?  (Read 2312 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Cameras on Glossop Road?
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 03:43:34 PM »
Probably just a number plate recognition camera. We had two appear nearby in similar configuration for the second time earlier this year and managed to glean that they're used sporadically for serious and organised crime monitoring, and as such the police don't publicise their location as those with reason to "can try hard to avoid them".

So border patrol not far off!  ;D
So they are legal, then?

corium

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 09:53:48 AM »
So if they are for number plate recognition they are probably looking for untaxed/ uninsured cars as well as "major" crime. Would make sense they are moved around.

rsh

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 08:48:26 PM »
Probably just a number plate recognition camera. We had two appear nearby in similar configuration for the second time earlier this year and managed to glean that they're used sporadically for serious and organised crime monitoring, and as such the police don't publicise their location as those with reason to "can try hard to avoid them".

So border patrol not far off!  ;D

u360213

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 05:59:27 PM »

Border patrol I expect, keeping the Derbyshire economic migrants at bay....

There are also some anti fly-tipping cameras along there, not sure about the locations you mention though

My login is Henrietta

Cameras on Glossop Road?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 01:27:07 PM »
Small black camera attached high up on metal lamp post pointing up Glossop Road outside (approx) number 70. Another pointing down the hill across the road from a house in the very early 100s. Only noticed them this am but they may have been there for some time.

They are quite small and do not seem to conform to the regulations covering official speed cameras.

Anyone know anything?