Marple based web design | Websites That Work For You!

Author Topic: New road cycling club for Marple  (Read 4628 times)

wadsterboy

Re: New road cycling club for Marple
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 12:35:13 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion on using local businesses. I would actually prefer us to use another coffee shop (although I assume Costa is a locally owned franchise), such as All Things Nice or Cloudberry, but as already indicated, by the time they open we are finished and home! Having said that, I am informed Rick at ATN is open to ideas so we may look at doing a special post ride breakfast once in a while - probably once we have more members and can guarantee 20 or so people for him. In the meantime, I have had some preliminary discussion- with the cricket club about possibly basing the Spinners there, on the assumption they buy a good coffee machine! And just finally, we encourage Spinners to use local bike repair companies such as Pedal Power and Recon.

marplerambler

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 04:44:30 PM »
Costa also pays its fair share of corporate taxes - unlike Starbucks.

Razzle24

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 04:22:03 PM »
Costa is a local cafe - it maybe a big chain - but it employs local people and pays local business rates.

EmmyJane Designs

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 12:31:50 PM »
Of course I wouldn't expect any club to rearrange there meetings. It was only a suggestion.

Tillyed1

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 11:55:27 AM »
I'm all for supporting local business but "All things nice" isn't open on a Sunday and Cloudberry Café is only open 10.00 -16.00 on a Sunday ,were as Costa is open 07.30-18.00 , how does that fit in with the cycling clubs arrangements ?. They cant be expected to arrange meet times/days etc around "local" business hours.

keep peddling  :) ;D

EmmyJane Designs

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 11:41:29 AM »
My husband went on this ride and really enjoyed it.

Could I make a tiny suggestion? Is it possible to use a local cafe eg 'All things nice', or 'cloudberry cafe'  instead of costa. Thus supporting a local business?

Glad you had such a good turnout  :)

wadsterboy

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 09:06:34 PM »
Pleased to report a turnout of around one dozen for our first ride at 7.15am today - not bad for a Facebook group that has only been going a couple of weeks, and a few notices in shop windows!

Next group ride 7.30am, Sunday 18 October.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/428952687288715/

[attachment deleted by admin]

wadsterboy

New road cycling club for Marple
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 06:18:15 PM »
For anyone into road cycling, there are plans afoot to start a new group called The SK6 Spinners Cycling Club. It's planned that it will have a social feel at first with the emphasis on participation and will also aim to reduce the impact upon family time by starting early on a Sunday and later on a week night. A Facebook group has been established for interested parties; https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=428952687288715&tsid=0.4547489327378571&source=typeahead

Best wishes, Alex