Market Research Company | Marple Stockport

Author Topic: Refurbishment of Town Centre Benches  (Read 17575 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Refurbishment of Town Centre Benches
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2016, 06:48:19 AM »
Great to see the Town Centre Nativity sculpture on the bench we refurbished for the Bradshaw family this Christmas!

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2016, 06:08:01 AM »
I'd potentially be interested in sponsoring it if you can let me know who I should contact?

I'm the contact for bench refurbishments. I've replied to your PM with more details.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Enigmawatcher

« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2016, 10:54:39 PM »
The one outside Neal's Greengrocers. It has an existing Marple Business Forum plaque on it like the one the Carver Theatre sponsored.

I'd potentially be interested in sponsoring it if you can let me know who I should contact?

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2016, 09:51:36 AM »
Hi,
Which bench on market street (location) is left unsponsored?

Many thanks

The one outside Neal's Greengrocers. It has an existing Marple Business Forum plaque on it like the one the Carver Theatre sponsored.

I was wondering if the Marple U3A might be interested as a lot of their members use these benches while waiting for buses. 

That could certainly be an option Barbara, although we should give the shops they are outside of first refusal I think.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Enigmawatcher

« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2016, 09:28:28 AM »
Hi,
Which bench on market street (location) is left unsponsored?

Many thanks

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2016, 07:35:47 AM »
What do they cost to sponsor?

The standard charge for the ones we've done so far, including one plaque, is £160 but some have cost more for extra plaques and the like. We are planning to re-treat the benches next year too in order to keep them looking good.

Some of the ones on the Hollins may have some extra costs too because they are in much worse condition. We will look at this next spring when the weather becomes suitable again. We have had some interest from the shops along there but nobody has actually finalised and we've not been pushing as we were busy enough with the ones we had. It was disappointing that we didn't get a sponsor for the last one on Market Street though. We approached two organisations about it but one couldn't decide and the other hasn't responded yet. We are planning to put a "Sponsor Me!" sign on it.

The financial details from the whole campaign will be published in the next Friends of the Park minutes (from our meeting on Monday) and I can tell you that we've been able to allocate £1,200 of extra funding to the Skatepark Project from the income. This will draw down the same amount from the council's £ for £ match-funding, so it has got us £2,400 closer to that £100,000 target.

It turned out to be a lot of work for 3 or 4 volunteers but I think it's been great for the sponsors, the Town Centre and Friends of the Park.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Barbara

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2016, 09:26:18 PM »
  I was wondering if the Marple U3A might be interested as a lot of their members use these benches while waiting for buses. 

amazon

« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2016, 09:04:18 PM »
What do they cost to sponsor?

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2016, 05:54:34 PM »
And the Carver Theatre sponsored bench is also now fully completed, here's a before and after plus a shot of the plaque fitted today.

This means that we've now finished our Town Centre bench refurbishments for this year, having done 12 of the 13 on Market Street and Derby Way.
We hope to do the last one plus the four on the Hollins next year if we can find sponsors.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2016, 05:52:38 PM »
The Munday family sponsored bench is now fully completed, here's a before and after plus a shot of the plaque fitted today.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2016, 07:48:19 PM »
They all look better than when they were new .its a credit to all of you .

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2016, 05:59:51 PM »
Final treatment on the last bench of 2016 sponsored by the Carver Theatre, or maybe not because it started to rain as soon as it was finished, so we may have to do again!

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2016, 03:58:07 PM »
The plaque is now fitted to the Ardek Ltd sponsored bench at the Church Lane end of Market Street and it's all finished.

Here's a photo of the plaque plus a before and after - what a difference! Thank you to Angela & Derrick May for sponsoring!

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2016, 12:34:24 PM »
Reassembly of the Carver Theatre sponsored bench is now completed, final treatment and plaque awaited:

Ardek Ltd sponsored bench given final coat of treatment, plaque to be fitted:

Munday family bench given final treatment, plaque to be fitted:

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

the rover

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2016, 11:30:34 AM »
Great job well done to all involved. Just one point, wouldn't it be more comfortable to sleep on the bench and not under it!!! ;)