RC Cars, RC Helicopters, RC Planes | Nitrotek Ltd

Author Topic: Expensive car insurance in Marple  (Read 3697 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Expensive car insurance in Marple
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2015, 03:16:24 PM »
Hello!

I am moving to Marple Bridge at the end of the month and looking to get my car insured at my new address. Weirdly though my insurance is going to double when I move to Marple Bridge, not just with my current provider but on all quotes on comparison websites.

Does anyone know why this could be? My car is currently insured in Chesterfield, I was sure it would go down in Marple!

Thanks,

Lyndsey  :)
When I moved from Hyde to Marple my fully comp. car insurance actually went down - same company which I'd been with for about 15 years - NFU Mutual. No price hike this year, either.

On the other hand, when I tried to insure the new house and contents with the same company the quote was more than double the amount I'd been paying in Hyde for similar property in a much rougher area. When I enquired why this was I was informed that as NFU Mutual is a countryside insurer and they have a lot of claims from country properties, people who live in cities (ie Marple!!) have to subsidise country dwellers. I went elsewhere!

sgk

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2015, 11:40:02 PM »
Sorry sgk, but that is completely meaningless.

If you are 19 years old and drive a new Bugatti Veron (sp?) you got a good deal. But if you're 50 with a 10 year old Toyota Celica, you've been done.

OK Harry. My point (in response to marpleexile's concern over an imminent price rise) was that I'm seeing same premium this year as last year. Will be enlightening to see if others spot a sudden hike in premiums, in light of the Money Saving Expert concern.

Hopefully not !

corium

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2015, 10:59:29 AM »
I sometimes wonder if it's related to how much the companies have managed to get/ con people to pay in the past & feel they can get away with. Last year when I renewed for my fairly standard smallish car I had a whole host of quotes round the £300 mark and a second similarly sized group round the £150 mark. Post code can't explain this and nothing had changed between the two years.

Harry

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2015, 10:20:26 AM »
Sorry sgk, but that is completely meaningless.

If you are 19 years old and drive a new Bugatti Veron (sp?) you got a good deal. But if you're 50 with a 10 year old Toyota Celica, you've been done.

sgk

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 08:59:25 AM »
Renewed mine in Marple Bridge.  Same as last year, £200 fully comp, less £70 cash back, so £130.  Aviva / topcashback.

marpleexile

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 12:28:28 PM »
There was a note on the moneysavingexpert email last week, maybe the week before, that car insurance costs are all set to rise due to some regulation changes (and an increase in tax as well I think) so that is probably partly to do with it.

andy+kirsty

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 08:56:46 AM »
Could it be more to do with where your car is parked or stored - currently on a drive vs parked on a busy street such as lower fold or town street?

simonesaffron

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 08:21:49 AM »
Hello Lyndsey,

Welcome to Marple, when you finally get here.

In June 2015 the following number of crimes were reported.

Stockport 689
Chesterfield 378
Marple 97

So armed with this I think that I would at least ask a question of my prospective insurers.

Consistently, Stockport has the lowest crime figures in Greater Manchester and Marple has the lowest crime figures in Stockport. So Marple therefore has the lowest crime rate in the county.   

sgk

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 09:14:09 PM »
Hello!

I am moving to Marple Bridge at the end of the month and looking to get my car insured at my new address. Weirdly though my insurance is going to double when I move to Marple Bridge, not just with my current provider but on all quotes on comparison websites.

Does anyone know why this could be? My car is currently insured in Chesterfield, I was sure it would go down in Marple!

Thanks,

Try http://www.crime-statistics.co.uk/postcode.

Can input your Chesterfield postcode and your Marple Bridge postcode and see the crime stats.  Perhaps higher vehicle crime in Marple Bridge ?

Harry

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 04:03:18 PM »
I would guess it is because you are moving from a relatively small market town, Chesterfield, to part of one of the largest metropolitan areas of the UK, Greater Manchester, which has a population of about 2.7 million people.

LDudley452

Expensive car insurance in Marple
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 02:37:17 PM »
Hello!

Thanks,