Self Catering Holiday Cottages in
Marple, Stockport & Cheshire

Author Topic: 1st Marple Scout Group - Vernon Building Society Jubilee Fund 2015  (Read 2579 times)

Bowden Guy

Re: 1st Marple Scout Group - Vernon Building Society Jubilee Fund 2015
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 08:21:49 AM »
I can't be the only person who thinks that the Vernon's approach is rather quantly old- fashioned? Channelling the spirit of the 1970s I will now go and listen to a few of my old Jam "records".

1st Marple Scouts

1st Marple Scout Group - Vernon Building Society Jubilee Fund 2015
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 09:39:41 PM »
1st Marple Scout Group

1st Marple Scout Group was founded in 1908 and is now in its 107th year. It provides weekly activities for 11 different groups that develop a range of skills for young people of all abilities, from the age of 6 to 25. These activities are organised by over 50 adult volunteers. The building is also used by numerous community groups to run their activities throughout the year.

Vernon Building Society Jubilee Fund 2015
We have been nominated, then selected by the Vernon Building Society as one of the 20 finalists to share in a £10,000 fund which will follow a public voting process.
To vote for 1st Marple Scout Group, tokens will appear in the Stockport Express from the 12th August 2015 to the 2nd September 2015. The proportion of the fund allocated will depend on vouchers collected by us.
You can help us by collecting vouchers for us from family, friends and neighbours over this period then either hand them in at any Vernon Building Society branch, place them in an envelope and hand them to any leader, post through the Scout HQ letter box in the Memorial Park or send them to the address below by Wednesday 9th Sept.
17 Castle Hill Park
Mill Lane
Woodley
Stockport
SK6 1QQ

Funding will be used to update worn out equipment and to help maintain our building.

To contact us or to offer help: volunteering@marplescouts.co.uk

Thanks for your support.