Lawler & Co - Marple's Local Independent Estate Agent for Sales and Lettings

Author Topic: Marple Tavern  (Read 11900 times)

Jay

Re: Marple Tavern
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2015, 01:37:29 PM »
May I ask then if most of your clientele are over 50, none roudy sort, why are you blasting them out of the place with banging low bass music? Let them converse with background music? Maybe you've considered they're deaf and enjoy the hum? And yes redbear666 it's all about the bass for OAPs, not me though 😉

Dizzy Penguin

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2015, 08:25:10 AM »
I don't mind this place but what I will say is...... £1 for a packet of crisps????

Jeeeeeeezus.

simonesaffron

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2015, 07:54:55 AM »
MsW, I think that you are getting a little excited here and allowing just one or two to agitate you, and if you don't mind me saying, thus proving their point.

If you read these posts in a balanced way you will come to realise that many of them are supportive of what you are trying to do. We understand the value of a good pub and what it brings to the community and we don't see any virtue in the alternative, which is very often a boarded up eyesore, left abandoned for years, attended only by vandals and miscreants.

There will always be people against pubs no matter how well managed.

Just take a balanced view.

MsW

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2015, 05:33:02 PM »
I've just witnessed some of your local lads puking that cheap beer all over your front garden. Can you keep them inside please?
10 to 9 on Tuesday night - really Man City were on and 95% of our customers were over 40 except one who is in her 90s and loves the place and as it was a midweek match nobody was out to get drunk so.......
"Bring Karen back" yes because you supported her so well - she didn't have any music on and very few customers but at least all you could go to bed at 9 o'clock. As for the music we have cut it to once a week, have a decibel meter and it's on for 2 hours max, we are trying to keep the peace and make a living not buy a holiday home or a Bentley! As for people being barred - twice we have been approached by neighbours, once we were asked and immediately resolved the issue, the other time we had a neighbour march in shouting about licences to the DJ and customers before standing hands on hips screaming the odds about campaigning for 8 years to close the pub down and being generally quite aggressive- forgive me for being stupid but we don't want aggressive behaviour on our premises and neither do the neighbours or is that only if it isn't one of you ? Nobody has the right to march into our business shouting and being abusive when we had no idea who she was ?? This is becoming almost a smear campaign against a pub which is meant to be a "community pub" yet seemingly some of the community would rather it boarded up like the Spring Gardens or the Travellers  .

red666bear

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2015, 05:06:03 PM »
Get bared? Jay do you mean barred???? Remember Jay it's all about the bass. No trouble.

Jay

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2015, 09:34:33 PM »
Loving the bass that has just started, echoing me out of bed! I'm up at 5 for work at 6 and didn't think a nightclub had moved into the neighbourhood UNDER MY HOUSE!!!
As for going in and speaking to the new owners, you'll get bared for voicing your concerns, not me personally but I know some who have.
Bring back Karen, she at least had respect for her neighbours 😡

simonesaffron

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2015, 03:35:15 PM »
I've just witnessed some of your local lads puking that cheap beer all over your front garden. Can you keep them inside please?

These assertions about this business are beginning to assume an air of the conjectural. Also the faint whiff of malice and cowardice.

If you have such a problem with this establishment as you seemingly do, then wouldn't it be better addressed if you presented it to the management in person and didn't put critical postings on this website under the cloak of anonymity.

gazwhite

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2015, 10:04:01 PM »
8.50pm... Lightweights...

Jeannieljr

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2015, 08:51:04 PM »

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2015, 01:19:46 PM »
Henrietta, you had cause to complain a COUPLE  of years ago?  I live right near the club, OCCASIONALY they have evening events that may cause a bit of noise, but they are far and few between.    I could not count on one hand the amount of times I have heard noise in a space of 12 months, or even two years, I would understand if it was every weekend, but it is not, I live within metres, have never heard noise that I felt the need to complain.   

Did you complain to the rugby club first, or just go straight to the council  :(

As for the Marple Tavern, a fellow dog walker I bumped into, lives closer than me, and said that there was a singer on at the weekend, the doors were wide open and it was very noisy, he felt it was going to wind the neighbours in the immediate vicinity right up ( including him )  ... I could not hear it where I live, but I guess on such a hot evening, it's a difficult one.... I thought the doors had to be shut when there are live acts on?
Sorry for delay in answering this. Been away again.

Yes, I went down to the Rugby Club on behalf of myself an a neighbour. I subsequently reported the problem to the council and the club was lucky that I didn't call the police as a result of the reception I got.

On arriving at the club I asked to speak to the organiser of the event or a member of the committee. After persisting in this for about 10 minutes I finally got to speak to a person who declined to disclose their position in the club. as I was getting nowhere I attempted to leave saying i would be speaking to SMBC regarding to the issue. I was pursued to my car by a man (not a youth) who grabbed me by the arm, preventing me from getting into my car and ranted at me. I told him to let go and he refused to do so until I threatened to report  him to the police for assault. He say the error of his ways!

JMC

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2015, 05:05:19 PM »
Just had confirmation from the organisers and we raised £272.08 for the Ray of Sunshine charity 😄 on Sunday

Well done, that is great.

I haven't been in the pub for a while but it has always been nice when I have been in. My teenage (19) daughter and friends sometimes go in but they are very sensible and all off to uni this Sept. I have only heard good things about it.

MsW

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2015, 04:41:46 PM »
Just had confirmation from the organisers and we raised £272.08 for the Ray of Sunshine charity 😄 on Sunday

gazwhite

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2015, 07:14:21 PM »
The comments about antisocial behaviour (noise) etc would be better aimed at the Council than here?

If it is a loud one off event why not go and join in?!  You might just have a great day.

Don't know if anyone's seen the Spring Gardens on Compstall Road or remember what the Norfolk looked like when it closed with those 5h1tty grilles on the doors and windows? If the MT thrives it won't end up like that.

Enjoy.

Golfballbazooka

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2015, 06:55:50 PM »
The marple tavern is louder than reading festival today! Can still hear every word of the rubbish pop covers from my living room with the windows shut. Oh the joy.

MsW

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2015, 10:45:33 AM »
Thankyou for the support. Simpleton it's good to hear your child is getting better we hope he makes a full recovery 😀
We will post on here what we raised for the Ray of Sunshine charity and if it goes well we will look at doing other things to raise more money for great causes.