A M Photo-Graphics

Author Topic: Marple Tavern  (Read 11861 times)

Howard

Re: Marple Tavern
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2015, 09:46:21 AM »
Well done top @MsW and The Marple Tavern. We often hear about how many pubs are closing and communities bemoaning their loss. This kind of event is exactly what we need to make sure pubs are seen as vital yet responsible members of local communities.

simpleton

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2015, 08:27:26 AM »
Personally i think should be seen a good thing that Marple Tavern are doing and people should support them instead of opposing it . From what i have read they are not doing it for their own gratification . They are raising money for CHILDREN  not ADULTS who have a terminal or life threatening illnesses to try and make their lives and the lives of their families a bit of a happier one and if you only have the only thing you have to worry about is noise that will be made whilst raising money then you are flippin lucky . Oh and to point out i do live in close proximity and also used to live on wood lane

MsW

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2015, 02:28:45 AM »
Not sure when you last went in a pub but they haven't sold cigarettes since the smoking ban. There is no charge to anyone for entry to the charity event. There are more terminal illnesses than cancer. We are supplying a bouncy castle, gladiators, marquees and food and ALL MONEY COLLECTED FROM THESE WILL GO STRAIGHT TO THE CHARITY. Any stalls are donating to the charity not us and every penny from raffle ticket sales will go directly to the charity. We are paying staff to help at the event and supplying the electric etc. We have also made a donation ourselves. We will not be donating money from the bar sales as we make far less than the pubco so maybe you should contact them and ask them to donate. We are having live acts outside as the children's activities will be outside and the adults will be supervising them?? I am disabled myself and feel slightly "bullied" by your comments. Hope this clears up the financial circumstances surrounding the event.

marplerambler

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2015, 10:36:00 AM »
Incidentally on Sunday 30th Aug we are holding a CHARITY EVENT  for TERMINALLY ILL CHILDREN with live acoustic music OUTSIDE in the afternoon/early evening - feel free to complain to Enviromental Health noise dept as your "quiet" is obvious more important than some of the community getting together and working hard to raise money for those much more UNFORTUNATE than yourselves 😄
I notice that there is still no reply indicating that the pub intends to donate one penny from the huge profits it will make from the event which is ostensibly for the benefit of those unfortunate enough to suffer from cancer. Your scathing criticism of the lack of compassion of neighbours is your most recent comment made so I am wondering if you stumbled from your soap box extolling the wonderful work done by publicans for charities in the face of a total lack of compassion on the part of neighbours and have forgotten to dispel the impression that the primary beneficiary of the event will be the pub landlord/landlady and indicate that this event is not just a cash cow for the publican who allows  a volunteer acting on behalf of the charity to collect a donation from those walking through the door to buy to buy the booze and fags which are  primary causes of cancer in Britain.

I suffer no illusions about just how generous your customers may be as they put their hands into their pockets: many will also kindly donate an amount in excess of the entry fee and that these donations will be very gratefully received by the charity helping the children.  Can you please make it clearer to myself and other local residents just how much the pub itself is donating to the charity from its takings?

You make it clear that at this event the speakers will be placed in the garden of the pub to ensure that your customers inside are able to hear each other and be able to converse without the intrusion of blasting music in the pub - the opportunity to have a convivial conversation will certainly lead to more people staying longer (and thus spending more) yet you are particularly vociferous in your attack upon local residents who seem to think that it is reasonable to be able to enjoy their Sundays in conversation with their families free from the intrusion of the amplified noise  generated by the speakers in the pub grounds (note that I don't say music because physics dictates that it is the low pitched bass sounds in the music and not which carry to create the thud-thud sound if you are a distance from the speakers: if the music carried as a complete tune it would be melodious and you would just sing along).

If the pub is
working hard to raise money for those much more UNFORTUNATE than yourselves 😄
can you please silence your critics by telling them just how much the pub is donating to the charity from its takings.

I am sure that a failure to respond will be interpreted by all as a statement of 'Not one penny!'

simpleton

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2015, 09:15:22 AM »
Thank you jennieljr . It us still very early days but he is is alot better than this time last year 

Jeannieljr

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2015, 08:56:01 AM »
Marple Rambler I have re read your post. I don't think this is personal. Marple Tavern is badly situated as an entertainment venue and it was never constructed for that purpose. The sound system is too powerful and the noise travels right out of the place. It's hard to imagine that if the volume isn't low enough (especially the bass) some neighbours may feel like they are right on the dance floor. They should keep on working with the noise team to deal with each complaint until they get it right. (Or easier still, communicate with the neighbours) That's what's required in this community.

Jeannieljr

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2015, 08:28:49 PM »
No, Simpleton. There is no way that anybody can really understand. What a heart-breaking experience for you and your family. I am so glad your little one pulled through and I know it's still early days. I imagine it's really nice to know that there are people out there that are in your corner. Bless.

simpleton

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2015, 07:27:18 PM »
Marplerambler you have obviously been very fortunate to not have a child with a life threatening illness or a been told your child is terminal ?? I was once like you till March 2014 when my gorgeous little boy was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer and was given 2 weeks to live when he was 4.5 months old  . Luckily  (i say that very lightly) my little boy did live after intense chemo and an selfless act of a family to agree to donating their loved ones liver .
So if Marple Tavern want to hold a charity event and it means selling alcohol which as you quite rightly said affects the liver well at least those people have a choice whilst alot of children are still fighting and are sadly loosing their fight which 2 children very close to me are through no fault of their own  so be it like you said p####d people give more money!!

marplerambler

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2015, 06:41:27 PM »
Incidentally on Sunday 30th Aug we are holding a CHARITY EVENT  for TERMINALLY ILL CHILDREN with live acoustic music OUTSIDE in the afternoon/early evening - feel free to complain to Enviromental Health noise dept as your "quiet" is obvious more important than some of the community getting together and working hard to raise money for those much more UNFORTUNATE than yourselves 😄
I am sure that the neighbours being driven insane by the racket will be delighted to hear that your altruism has led you to donate all profits from the bar to the charity. Now I know why there can be such a thing as a poor pub landlord/landlady! I always thought that charity events at pubs were a publican's excuse to make a packet by bleeding the p****d dry, throw them out screaming at one in the morning and then retiring to bed with the rosy glow of knowing that you have performed a wonderful service for society by passing the few quid paid for entrance to charities other than research into cirrhosis of the liver or cancer research for adults attempting to delay the premature death of those you have sold booze and billions of fags to over the years.

I have no problem in accepting that you are a businessman/woman providing a service and working hard to make a living but please do me a favour by keeping the doors and windows shut and don't try to justify your existence by stating that you have assumed the role of a registered charity: if you are in the business of

working hard to raise money for those much more UNFORTUNATE than yourselves 😄

you could really shut up the sceptics by stating on the website that you and your staff worked without payment or profit from the drink and cigs you sold and donated every penny made to the charities.

simpleton

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2015, 06:19:20 PM »
'Rays of Sunshine ' is a fantastic charity . Many of our youngest sons friends off ward 84 at RMCH (oncology ward) have been granted wishes by the charity . Although he isn't old enough to be granted a wish we will pop down and give our support . A couple of days later it will be  ' Child Cancer Awareness month ' (September) and its charities like this that bring a smile to there faces

Jeannieljr

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2015, 05:58:40 PM »
By the way, I'm glad you are holding that charity event.

Jeannieljr

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2015, 05:24:59 PM »
I’m glad you are using the insulation system Karen built. It’s strange because she used it all the time and you couldn’t even hear the music on the street, never mind in your own home. Maybe she turned the volume down? Also this past Saturday night at 12.45 a.m. music was blasting out of your open windows. Maybe you’re missing something?

MsW

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2015, 11:08:23 AM »
Just to finish off we are working alongside Stockport Councils Enviromental Health team to make sure our noise levels comply with their boundaries. We contact them every Monday for updates and are trying our upmost to keep everyone happy. This is a community pub and the community that support it love it we would like more of the community to get involved 👍

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2015, 10:55:37 AM »

Sounds good - don't forget to promote it with more details in the Events Calendar on here!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

MsW

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2015, 10:53:09 AM »