Estate agency, done differently in Marple and District

Author Topic: virgin media marple bridge  (Read 2932 times)

amazon

Re: virgin media marple bridge
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 02:44:17 PM »
Yes, I use Virgin Media for broadband but only use their email service as a fall-back, so probably wouldn't notice if it isn't working properly for short periods. Virgin are moving their email service back from Google to their own new system so it is possible that problems are linked to that. This is the message that they sent out:

Here's a video too:

. Thank you mark .for posting .

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 06:14:47 AM »
Its ok tonight its something to do changing from Google . they did send email out that no one understands .admin might know i think Marple website use virgin media .

Yes, I use Virgin Media for broadband but only use their email service as a fall-back, so probably wouldn't notice if it isn't working properly for short periods. Virgin are moving their email service back from Google to their own new system so it is possible that problems are linked to that. This is the message that they sent out:

Quote from: Virgin Media
Hello,
Your email service is about to get a mini-makeover. This email will tell you what’s happening, how it affects you and what to do next.
You might not know, but we worked hand-in-hand with Google to provide your email service. But now, they can no longer help us do this. So we’ve created our own. We’re looking forward to bringing you an even better service, jam-packed with more innovations over time.
What’s happening
Over the next three months, we’ll move from our old Google-based service to an all-new, and improved Virgin Media email service.
But don’t worry, all your old emails and contacts will be transferred over, safe and sound. Your email address and password will stay exactly the same too.
In fact, if you use our Webmail service, the main thing that’ll change is how the email service looks. Instead of the familiar Google layout, you’ll see our simple new Virgin Media email layout.
Sending, receiving and managing your emails on the new system will be a doddle. But it’s a good idea to get up to speed on all the changes and see how the new service looks by visiting http://virginmedia.com/emailswitch.
What to do next
We’ll be making the switch automatically over a 3 month period, so stand by to see your new look email service soon.
In the meantime, here’s what to do next:
-    Check you’ve got the most up to date version of your browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari etc), to access our new Webmail service hiccup-free.
-    Unfortunately Google Talk won’t be available on the new email service - if you love keeping in touch this way, it’s easy to set up a new Google account and register for the Google Hangouts chat service.
-    If you had filters or rules set up to help you manage your email, you’ll need to set these up again on the new service after the move.
-    If you access any other mailboxes through your Virgin Media Mail, using services like Mail Fetcher or POP aggregation, you’ll need to set this up again after the move too.
All set? You’ll have the new email service at your fingertips soon.
And remember, just visit http://virginmedia.com/emailswitch to make sure you’re all set for the big day.
Happy emailing,

The Virgin Media team

Here's a video too:

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

sgk

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 11:08:22 PM »
Using Virgin Media here, no issues encountered.  That said, I don't use Virgin's own email service, am on gmail instead.

The Virgin Media status site isn't showing any known issues for Marple Bridge postcodes. 
https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

amazon

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 07:55:49 PM »
Shouldn't affect Virgin but BT (& I assume those who use their infrastructure) are reported to have major nationwide problems which will last for days.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/live-manchester-breaking-news--9747742
Its ok tonight its something to do changing from Google . they did send email out that no one understands .admin might know i think Marple website use
  virgin media .

corium

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 06:57:45 PM »
Shouldn't affect Virgin but BT (& I assume those who use their infrastructure) are reported to have major nationwide problems which will last for days.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/live-manchester-breaking-news--9747742

corium

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 04:17:38 PM »
Can't speak for virgin but BT awful...again.

amazon

virgin media marple bridge
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 02:32:38 PM »
Anyone having problems virgin media today Marple bridge area . Emails not web browsing .