Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Jobs for school leaver  (Read 2426 times)

marpleexile

Re: Jobs for school leaver
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 04:53:21 PM »
The problem is many places (not all but most) won't take those under 16 or with no experience at all.

This will be his biggest problem initially. The company I work for do not employ under 16s full stop, and won't employ under 18s in certain roles.

The bar on under 16s is because of the extra rules and regs (and common sense things) that you have to do if you employ children.

JMC

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 01:07:18 PM »
Hello all,

I would very kindly appreciate if you could advise me of any suitable positions for my son, who is currently 15 and seeking employment within any position.

Many thanks in advance for your help  :)

hi Rachel,

I have two teenagers that work part time locally but it was quite tough to find something suitable. Number one thing that helped was voluntary work- both got their jobs on the strength of this. The Cancer research shop takes this age group. Also he could help with Scouts etc or the Memorial Park group etc. The problem is many places (not all but most) won't take those under 16 or with no experience at all.

Also, if he could drop his CV at local cafes & businesses, that worked for my daughter- she heard a few months later & got a really good post. The other one replied to a note on the door of a cafe. Worth keeping an eye out for this. Once he is 16, it will be easier and he can apply online to places like Boots for weekend and seasonal work, also Mcdonalds & Dominos. Good luck.

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 10:11:48 PM »
Hi Rach,

It's great that you want to help your son but, as an employer of 100 albeit not in this immediate area, two things spring to my mind:

What are his interests/ambitions, and
Show him how to register on this site, and others, and then get him to ask 1st person.

Phil.
---------------

RachL028

Jobs for school leaver
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 12:37:03 PM »
Hello all,

I would very kindly appreciate if you could advise me of any suitable positions for my son, who is currently 15 and seeking employment within any position.

Many thanks in advance for your help  :)