Michelle Reynolds Podiatrist, Marple

Author Topic: Please ask ASDA to support Marple Skatepark Project  (Read 6252 times)

Cyberman

Re: Please ask ASDA to support Marple Skatepark Project
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2016, 11:38:58 PM »
The Skatepark Project is still a contender for the current Asda award but it isn't winning. More green tokens needed in the box.

amazon

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2016, 09:18:51 PM »
Today we've received a letter from Asda confirming that Friends of Marple Memorial Park Skatepark Project has won the Chosen by You Given by Us vote that finished in December. A cheque for £200 is on its way and thank you to everyone who supported us by voting with your green tokens.

We've also been advised that thanks to being re-nominated by Asda customers we are also in the new count currently running. So please vote for us again with more tokens if you'd like to continue helping us to reach that final target!
great in there tues hope its help yourself day again .

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2016, 03:48:32 PM »
Today we've received a letter from Asda confirming that Friends of Marple Memorial Park Skatepark Project has won the Chosen by You Given by Us vote that finished in December. A cheque for £200 is on its way and thank you to everyone who supported us by voting with your green tokens.

We've also been advised that thanks to being re-nominated by Asda customers we are also in the new count currently running. So please vote for us again with more tokens if you'd like to continue helping us to reach that final target!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2016, 12:18:26 PM »
Another thirty gone in today .
Now finished in Asda .

amazon

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2015, 03:04:19 PM »
Another thirty gone in today .

amazon

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2015, 02:58:13 PM »
Thanks for the reminder @amazon !

Also worth remembering that supporters can nominate the Friends of the Park again if they wish too. Just fill out the nomination form on the Community Life noticeboard and pop it in the box nearby please.  :)

sixty green tokens gone in today .its filling up help yourself again time today .

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2015, 09:11:48 AM »
Thanks for the reminder @amazon !

Also worth remembering that supporters can nominate the Friends of the Park again if they wish too. Just fill out the nomination form on the Community Life noticeboard and pop it in the box nearby please.  :)
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 11:00:39 AM »
How do you get these green tokens?  I never get given them.
It was help yourself to green tokens yesterday in Asda .i spent so much asked if I could
Have some take as many a you like she said .so the box in the corner for the park did quite well from them .come on folks let's fill it up .dont be afraid to ask .

Cyberman

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2015, 08:51:57 PM »
Just bringing the Green Tokens to everyone's attention again..

I'd never heard of this scheme before, but on my last 2 visits I've added tokens to the Marple Skatepark  box. On the manned tills the tokens are in a tub by the card reader - I think you are supposed to take one per bag you re-use but I might have mis-counted..

Looked like the Skatepark was slightly in the lead, with the next charity (a foodbank I think - can't remember name) a very close second. The third was Hawk Green Residents Association with about half the tokens of the others. So come on people - keep up the support!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 05:33:48 PM »

That's a good question, I asked that myself today. You are eligible for one token for every £10 you spend and usually you will have to ask for them. If you use a manned till you can ask the assistant. If you use one of the self-service tills then you need to take your receipt to customer services and ask there, so it's not made easy for you. The Community Champion is trying to get the assistants on the tills to give them out automatically but with limited success so far I'm told.

The way the scheme works is that the winner of the vote will get £200 with the two runners up getting £50 each.

As already mentioned, it is also possible to nominate the Friends of the Park again, so it will be worth it for us if you can take the time to do that too please.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Deniseam

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 04:04:05 PM »

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 07:22:27 AM »
I'm delighted to advise that Marple Skatepark Project is now featured in the ASDA "Chosen by you…given by us..." scheme at the Marple Store.

Over the next 6 weeks or so you can vote for the Skatepark Project with a green token every time you shop.

I hope people will support this great community project because Marple really needs to do it for ourselves.

Additionally, it is possible to nominate Friends of the Park and the Skatepark Project for the scheme again. You can do this by filling in the green "Nominate a cause" card and placing it in the box on the Community Life board in the store. Note that the on-line nomination form didn't work properly when we asked you to do it in June and the nominations did not arrive where they needed to. This is still the case, so the best way is to complete the in-store form.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

simonesaffron

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 08:33:25 AM »
Sorry to hear the bid was unsuccessful because I think that its a great project.

I believe that ASDA would be more onside if our local Councillors were more vocal in their support. Perhaps you should ask the Chair of the Area Committee to write to ASDA. 

Cyberman

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 11:08:44 PM »
I have just done this. Every little helps! (sorry - wrong supermarket!)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 09:24:52 AM »
Already done before they opened I did post about it .telling every one to have a go .and not to complain to much about Asda .like the civic society .

Yes, I did it myself before they opened too. It's only since I met with ASDA reps in the park recently that I've realised that the more people do it the better chance we have (call me thick if you like). We discussed the signs and they were happy to remove the one on the steps once they realised we weren't happy with it. We're now waiting for more info from ASDA about how they may be able to help and get involved in the park.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website