RC Cars, RC Helicopters, RC Planes | Nitrotek Ltd

Author Topic: Rose Hill - shop for sale!  (Read 12358 times)

Premierstores

Re: Rose Hill - shop for sale!
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2015, 05:43:00 PM »
Hello everyone hope I don't get much hate from people on here for expressing my views telling my part of the story as its only been one sided on here and nobody's spoke on behalf of premier before. Let's start from start when we opened our shop on rose hill there were no intentions of closing someone's business or rivalry. I have read people post that we closed spar next door I humbly want to ask how can someone do it? It was spars high prices and less stock availability which added to many factors I'm gonna state further on so how come were the ones to be blamed. U see competition in all walks and fields of life. Before we opened the wine shop got closed due to spar next door and before spar opened some other shop got closed in its place so did someone open a chippy in competition which Chuis and then there are super markets opening every day in different places taking small corner shops business its all FairPlay as long as there is healthy completion. I myself believe that competition is always good for the community as customers have a choice and they get best value deals. Coming back to healthy competition I know many of good friends of Mel won't like me to state the false accusations made against us , blocking the parking entrance so our customers couldn't park their cars , them standing outside the shop stopping customers coming in our shop and list continues were all not niether professional nor even moral!! But we not even once stoop so low and we're still doing our business. I know many false accusations were made and complaints being filed by joint effort of chris rigs against management of premier in general to fuel the Chinese whispers Mel were spreading to give our business repute. I hereby would like to mention it to all people who posted them all over forum that no even one of them complaints were true the cases didn't even made it to hearings all the complaints were dropped and not even one fine was faced. Solely due the reason there was nothing wrong being done neither is to the date. The biggest rumour spread was underage kids being served if anyone here still says it was true can u please do us all a favour and prove it? Provide Any evidence for what u say or please stop spreading the hate against us.

ringi

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2015, 05:39:14 PM »
Ditto that.

Chances of Mel buying it???

As I recall, Mel was not willing to open normal shop hours, and just wished to be open when he wanted to work.

I know that Rose Hill Store will be open when I need something, therefore I use it.     Hopefully someone like Tesco will buy it, it is just big enough for a Tesco Express.

Lily

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2015, 02:18:17 PM »
Ah, I see where you are coming from Duke.
I hadn't spotted the weekly rent - just the weekly takings.
Now I've done my sums I work it out at £16k annual rent too.
Apologies, I'm easily confused.
Lily

Duke Fame

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 12:55:01 PM »
£16k per week Duke, not p.a.

I was referring to the rent at 308 per week.

marple syrup

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 11:11:18 AM »
Totally agree. Pass it nearly every weekday, never been in.

Ditto that.

Chances of Mel buying it???

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 10:47:37 AM »
The customer can resist it. I have resisted it since the day it opened. I was greatly saddened to see a local person take on an empty shop and put his heart , soul and money into a corner shop with friendly service and then see competitors open a store next door  who I believe, rightly or wrongly, were initially financed and subsidised by other stores within the group and who, according to reports on this website led me to believe that were selling booze and cigs to youngsters when they were refused by the Spar shop.

Totally agree. Pass it nearly every weekday, never been in.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

marplerambler

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 09:25:57 AM »
The customer can resist it. I have resisted it since the day it opened. I was greatly saddened to see a local person take on an empty shop and put his heart , soul and money into a corner shop with friendly service and then see competitors open a store next door  who I believe, rightly or wrongly, were initially financed and subsidised by other stores within the group and who, according to reports on this website led me to believe that were selling booze and cigs to youngsters when they were refused by the Spar shop.

Water Rat

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 10:49:32 PM »
And even more exciting a Gross Profit % (With my accountant's hat on I am assuming this is margin not mark up) of £3520 per week.  From this must be taken all running expenses - business rates, staffing, power etc which I am sure Duck Fame will be able to give comparative figures for.  A little gold mine then in term time. Who can resist it particularly with customer parking and the passing trade from the rail travellers.

Bowden Guy

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 05:38:42 PM »
So, that small shop sells goods to the value of £832K per year? Really?

Lily

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 04:30:05 PM »
£16k per week Duke, not p.a.

Duke Fame

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 03:56:39 PM »
I am gobsmacked!  ???

Me too, £16k p.a

marveld

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 01:51:04 PM »