Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: Rose Hill - shop for sale!  (Read 12252 times)

Dave

Re: Rose Hill - shop for sale!
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2015, 07:41:58 AM »
Allegations of racism have been removed from this post. Admin.

These are very serious allegations.  Is there any evidence for them?  I hope not.   

Golfballbazooka

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2015, 01:32:21 AM »
I do have to say in Premiers defence, every time i have used the store i have ALWAYS been asked to prove my age when buying alcohol. In my experience, the premier store has never once let me down. They have ordered specific items into the store when requested to by myself and always have lots of variety of items. I will be sad to see the shop go once it gets sold.

ringi

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2015, 10:17:15 PM »
I refused to use the Spar, as soon as they started blocking the carpark.

Duke Fame

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2015, 08:30:47 PM »
It's nice to hear Premier's side and I for one was not comfortable with Mel's reaction to the competition. I was also uncomfortable with the rumour mill that were cliched at best.

That said, setting up right next to the old Spar did appear aggressive and whilst I agree competition is healthy there would only apear to be only so much business at Rose Hill and in the event someone was going to get hurt in a business sense.

JMC

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2015, 06:03:44 PM »
My high school age children use Premier and I have never heard anything bad about it. My husband also uses it sometimes. The only bad experience we had was a while back, at the height of the feud between the two stores, from the Spar owner who was quite aggressive to anyone using Premier. It is a shame they have been made out to be so bad yet Greenhalgh's etc opened near to Gregs and didn't get the same venom. I also agree that they seem to be unfairly slated on here.

Premierstores

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2015, 10:16:38 PM »
Don't get us wrong we have our brilliant customers who have been through thick n thin but we do have large section of community which is holding grudge for something we can't even be blamed for. I hereby appeal to all the viewers of this conversation to at least put the differences aside for once and at least come see yourself if we are in any wrong doing. Even a little effort will mean a lot to us if there is something u want to change or want us to add in our range or suggestions about our customer service are all welcome. We'll do our best to prove ourselves to you :)
Kind regards

Premierstores

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2015, 09:59:10 PM »
Mostly because we still don't get much support from most of the local community as most people here often show their grudge against us we have never in 5 years felt welcome here we do not feel part of the community

amazon

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2015, 08:02:59 PM »
Hello everyone hope I don't get much hate from people on here for expressing my views telling my part of the story as its only been one sided on here and nobody's spoke on behalf of premier before. Let's start from start when we opened our shop on rose hill there were no intentions of closing someone's business or rivalry. I have read people post that we closed spar next door I humbly want to ask how can someone do it? It was spars high prices and less stock availability which added to many factors I'm gonna state further on so how come were the ones to be blamed. U see competition in all walks and fields of life. Before we opened the wine shop got closed due to spar next door and before spar opened some other shop got closed in its place so did someone open a chippy in competition which Chuis and then there are super markets opening every day in different places taking small corner shops business its all FairPlay as long as there is healthy completion. I myself believe that competition is always good for the community as customers have a choice and they get best value deals. Coming back to healthy competition I know many of good friends of Mel won't like me to state the false accusations made against us , blocking the parking entrance so our customers couldn't park their cars , them standing outside the shop stopping customers coming in our shop and list continues were all not niether professional nor even moral!! But we not even once stoop so low and we're still doing our business. I know many false accusations were made and complaints being filed by joint effort of chris rigs against management of premier in general to fuel the Chinese whispers Mel were spreading to give our business repute. I hereby would like to mention it to all people who posted them all over forum that no even one of them complaints were true the cases didn't even made it to hearings all the complaints were dropped and not even one fine was faced. Solely due the reason there was nothing wrong being done neither is to the date. The biggest rumour spread was underage kids being served if anyone here still says it was true can u please do us all a favour and prove it? Provide Any evidence for what u say or please stop spreading the hate against us.
So why are you selling your store?

Premierstores

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2015, 07:54:47 PM »
Cheers mark I know I never did but never knew what was going on here until today a customer informed us and thanks for being kind enough to give us a chance hope you'll stop by sometime aswell even if u nip in for a min would clear a lot of misconceptions :)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2015, 07:27:48 PM »
at least give us a chance to publish something to help eradicate these false accusations and senseless stories please it's an humble request

The opportunity to do so has always been available to you here.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Premierstores

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2015, 07:24:02 PM »
Regarding illegal workers aswell it was honest mistakes by recruiter in checking relevant documents but all taxes were being paid and they were paid full wages aswell thus giving no upper hand to premier  proof was provided to council with which they were quite happy and premier did not face no legal actions :)

Premierstores

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2015, 07:19:24 PM »
Yet another blog (probably influenced by honest neighbour can see her comment right under it too) and drugs raid was carried out nothing was found illegal alcohol was tested by council and would like to mention here was returned by Chris rigs himself in his service vehicle which all brands are still being sold at shop with all prices kept same from first day with no price hikes after spar was closed! :)

Cyberman

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2015, 07:11:33 PM »
Premierstores - could the accusations be linked to this?  http://themarpleleaf.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/marple-store-wars-new-twist.html

OK so the underage sales bit is unproven - CCTV systems are notoriously unreliable. But employing illegal workers and selling illegally obtained alcohol does give a competitive advantage over your (presumably honest) neighbour.

marveld

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2015, 06:30:38 PM »
Before we opened the wine shop got closed due to spar next door

Not true. The wine shop closed because the parent company went out of business. Nothing to do with SPAR opening.

Premierstores

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2015, 06:00:34 PM »
I would also like to bring it to attention of our admin Mark Whittaker aswell please I know u can resist coming to our shop you must be a man with strong will power and u pass every weekend but never came in but did u even actually stopped by once to make your decision or to see if it's actually true what's being written on here about us to ask for evidence to prove anything? Mark u have got great respect in the community, you're the admin aswell and I can believe a lot of people must look up or get influenced by you aswell so would have been fair if u put Chinese whispers aside and actually be fair about the whole situation if not publish yourself at least give us a chance to publish something to help eradicate these false accusations and senseless stories please it's an humble request
Kind regards
Thanks