RC Cars, RC Helicopters, RC Planes | Nitrotek Ltd

Author Topic: Telephone marketing calls  (Read 3225 times)

Howard

Telephone marketing calls
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 06:38:06 PM »
Those American ones are REALLY irritating. I've been signed up witht he TPS since 2000 and haven't had one single marketing call. However, the service only applies to calls originaing from within the UK. I'm not sure if anything can be done about the US ones - they buy the database of UK phone numbers and use them as they will.

alison

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 10:19:54 PM »
I can vouch for this too - it really works! I now have no marketing calls and 'hang up' messages on my answerphone. the only thing it won't get rid of is the recent spate of american recorded messages congratulating me on having won a prize

Alison

Tricky

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 06:19:16 PM »
Thanks for this!

Very helpful.
meh

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 10:34:58 PM »
We've been going round the twist recently with a spate of telephone marketing calls, pre-recorded messages and silent calls on our home phone. Having found the cure, I thought we should share it with anyone else who might be suffering the same invasion of their privacy.

It's remarkably simple. Just ring 0845 070 0707 or visit www.tps-online.org.uk to register with the Telephone Preference Service and stop it happening.

You can also register to stop junk mail too with the same people. The site gives you all the information you need.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website