Self Catering Holiday Cottages in
Marple, Stockport & Cheshire

Author Topic: Friends of Marple Memorial Park  (Read 118880 times)

marveld

Re: Friends of Marple Memorial Park
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2011, 02:45:56 PM »
May I suggest that consideration is given to plastic benches rather than wooden ones that require constant maintenance?

e.g.  http://www.goplastic.co.uk/benches.php

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2011, 09:09:49 AM »
The Friends of Marple Memorial Park web site has been updated with the minutes of the meeting held on 14 March. Follow this link to visit the Friends' web site:

http://www.marplememorialpark.org.uk/monthly-meetings.html
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2011, 04:21:12 PM »
That page about the Friends of the Park's new project to save the Ornamental Flowerbeds is now on-line:

http://www.marplememorialpark.org.uk/projects/saving-the-flowerbeds.html

We now need to raise some funds to cover our costs but perhaps more importantly we need more volunteers to help with the task of preparing the beds next Saturday and then planting them up in the future (hopefully at the end of March). The page will be kept up-to-date with progress and latest news as it happens.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2011, 12:36:47 PM »
The Friends of Marple Memorial Park web site has been updated with the minutes of the meeting held on 14 February and includes details regarding the Friends' adoption of the ornamental beds. There will be a new page set up on the site about this new project in the near future. Follow this link to visit the Friends' web site: http://www.marplememorialpark.org.uk/monthly-meetings.html
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2011, 09:34:53 AM »
Thank you Barbara! Just added a new page to the site about the Park Cottage that links up with the Charles Ingham Bandroom Fund, who have just joined the Community Pages.

http://www.marplememorialpark.org.uk/park-cottage.html
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Barbara

« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2011, 10:51:59 AM »
It looks great and is easy to use.  Well done you!  :D

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2011, 09:29:19 AM »
The Friends of Marple Memorial Park web site has undergone a major revamp using a content management system and has been re-launched this morning, see www.marplememorialpark.org.uk

I've attempted to ensure that the links to the old site will all re-route to the new one but if you spot any glitches I'd appreciate if you would let me know, either here or by email please.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2010, 09:10:14 AM »
The Friends of Marple Memorial Park web site has been updated with the minutes of the meeting held on 13 December. Follow this link to visit the Friends' web site: www.marplememorialpark.org.uk/minutes.htm   
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2010, 08:59:27 PM »
The Friends of Marple Memorial Park's web site has been updated with details of the last task day of 2010 on Saturday 27 November:

www.marplememorialpark.org.uk/tasks.htm

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2010, 10:02:21 AM »
The Friends of Marple Memorial Park web site has been updated with the minutes of the meeting held on 8 November. Follow this link to visit the Friends' web site: www.marplememorialpark.org.uk/minutes.htm 
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2010, 08:04:55 PM »
The Friends of Marple Memorial Park's web site has been updated with details of Saturday's task day, when we were joined by 1st Marple beaver Scouts to plant 2,000 Purple crocuses as part of Rotary Club's nationwide campaign to promote vaccination of children in India against Polio. See:

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2010, 05:07:20 PM »
The Friends of Marple Memorial Park web site has been updated with the minutes of the meeting held on 13 September. Follow this link to visit the Friends' web site: www.marplememorialpark.org.uk/minutes.htm 
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2010, 12:58:19 PM »
The Friends of Marple Memorial Park's web site has been updated with details of Saturday's task day, which was a bit of a wash-out, and our second August Bank Holiday French Boules Tournament, which thankfully wasn't!

www.marplememorialpark.org.uk/boules.htm

There are also more photos taken during the tournament on the Virtual Tour in a new dedicated album:

http://visitmarple.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=97
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2010, 09:07:00 PM »
Thank you for your questions (it's great that you read the minutes with so much interest) I'm pleased to try and clarify as follows:

"Drainage Improvements – Three options have been identified to deal with the drainage problems at the entrance to the park". Just wondering exactly where this problem is? What's the cause and effect? Thanks.

There is a drain more or less in the centre of the entrance pathway to the park (from Stockport Road) close to the existing notice board that does not work properly and whenever we have prolonged rainfall it causes a huge puddle blocking the pathway. We (The Friends) would like to see this resolved but do not really think it appropriate use of our community raised funds - so we're hoping that the District Partnership and the council (Parks & Recreation) will be able to find the money for it.

"Jonathan will try to source some additional and larger bins for the park, as the existing ones are well used but regularly overflowing."

I apologise for not knowing the funding details of the park, but I assume "The Friends" act out of their own good will and raise additional cash etc. I was just thinking that litter bins are fundamental for a park and if they are too small then the council should put this right? However, I suppose in the current financial climate this is an impossibility, hence it needs "The Friends" to rectify this?

The Jonathan referred to is Jonathan Long, Parks and Recreation Area Manager East (that may not be exactly the right title). We feel the same - that litter bins are basic infrastructure, so we were putting gentle pressure on Jonathan during our meeting in the park to do something about the overflowing bins. It is not our intention to fund new bins with money raised by the Friends group, although we would give it consideration if there is no other way. I'm hopeful that Jonathan will be able to find a way to do this, even in the current climate. It was very helpful that as we were talking about this a group of youngsters came out of the park with several bags of their own rubbish looking for somewhere to put it. I think Jonathan was quite impressed (I certainly was! )

I hope this answers your queries but if you want to know anything more, please feel free to ask.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

marveld

« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2010, 08:39:03 PM »
"Drainage Improvements – Three options have been identified to deal with the drainage problems at the entrance to the park".

Just wondering exactly where this problem is? What's the cause and effect? Thanks.

"Jonathan will try to source some additional and larger bins for the park, as the existing ones are well used but regularly overflowing."

I apologise for not knowing the funding details of the park, but I assume "The Friends" act out of their own good will and raise additional cash etc. I was just thinking that litter bins are fundamental for a park and if they are too small then the council should put this right? However, I suppose in the current financial climate this is an impossibility, hence it needs "The Friends" to rectify this?