Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Drivers who pop into the Co-op garage  (Read 4648 times)

amazon

Re: Drivers who pop into the Co-op garage
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2015, 04:02:26 PM »
I think you should re read the thread or my post more carefully before you quote getting everything wrong.

There could have been a cheaper petrol station .

amazon

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2015, 04:00:00 PM »
On my way to lunch in Glossop with a friend, we popped into Tesco for her shopping. While she shopped I followed her round browsing the shelves. A product I had bought the previous day in an independent shop (no names, no pack-drill) in Marple was 20% more expensive in Tesco, ditto another product that was £2.64 in Tesco was £2.15 in another independent in Marple. Every little DOES help but not in the way Tesco means!
May I ask what it was unless it's personal .

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2015, 11:43:02 AM »
are idiots, paying so much more than at Morrisons or Tesco!
On my way to lunch in Glossop with a friend, we popped into Tesco for her shopping. While she shopped I followed her round browsing the shelves. A product I had bought the previous day in an independent shop (no names, no pack-drill) in Marple was 20% more expensive in Tesco, ditto another product that was £2.64 in Tesco was £2.15 in another independent in Marple. Every little DOES help but not in the way Tesco means!

wheels

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 12:26:16 PM »
Possibly people who use the co-op service station instead of Tesco, Morrisons etc.,feel that any extra costs are off-set by the saving in the cost of petrol they would use to get to Tesco, Morrisons, etc.

In any case, is it any of your business where other people choose to spend their money? Hasn't this nonsense dragged on for long enough? No-one is trying to make you shop at the Co-op service station.

I think you should re read the thread or my post more carefully before you quote getting everything wrong.

Dave

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 07:37:52 AM »
Hasn't this nonsense dragged on for long enough?

Yes. It's a re-run of a tired and pointless topic from three years ago, as Howard points out.  Let's not feed the troll! 

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 12:50:29 AM »
Idiots is a little strong not even I would call fellow posters that. Well bar one.  perhaps they are never near a Morrisions or Tesco or never go out of Marple or have ideological reasons for using the Co-op.
Possibly people who use the co-op service station instead of Tesco, Morrisons etc.,feel that any extra costs are off-set by the saving in the cost of petrol they would use to get to Tesco, Morrisons, etc.

In any case, is it any of your business where other people choose to spend their money? Hasn't this nonsense dragged on for long enough? No-one is trying to make you shop at the Co-op service station.

wheels

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 04:39:32 PM »
Idiots is a little strong not even I would call fellow posters that. Well bar one.  perhaps they are never near a Morrisions or Tesco or never go out of Marple or have ideological reasons for using the Co-op.

DerekS

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 04:32:13 PM »
are idiots, paying so much more than at Morrisons or Tesco!

Dave

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 05:56:00 PM »
And as you rightly enquired three years ago, Howard 
Am I just feeding the troll?  ;) 

Howard

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 05:47:16 PM »
This thread has come up before in 2012 and it's still the same debate. Here's the thread:
http://www.marple-uk.com/smf/index.php?topic=4056.msg21025#msg21025

TL;DR A number of drivers on the thread admitted to using the Stockport Lane entrance as an exit, for example @thebigshed. @Dave and @hollins felt you should be allowed to use the current entrance as an exit and @Duke Fame disagreed with them. Things never change  ;)

Deniseam

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 03:40:14 PM »
Actually its not 10 yds further.  If you use the correct exit then you are on the one way system up Church Lane.  I can see why people are tempted to use the other entrance.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 10:59:02 AM »
The red sign with a white horizontal stripe means no-entry, go the other  way follow the big white arrows, they provide a clue.

There is a very good reason not to exit onto Stockport road at the entrance, I've been knocked off my bike once (& to the driver of said Nissan Juke, 'fat' in not insulting, it's a fact) and I've had a mini collision in the car too for which I'd have been onto claims direct is I could be bothered.

Just go round the right way, it's only 10 yards further.
Thank you Duke. I tried to get in yesterday but held up traffic on Stockport Rd because some idiot was trying to get off the forecourt there and blocking the entire entrance. It pains me to have to use the pronoun "she" because there are plenty of men who do the same, but she didn't even keep over to her left to make room for others to enter while she was waiting to get out.

Duke Fame

Drivers who pop into the Co-op garage
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 10:53:35 PM »
The red sign with a white horizontal stripe means no-entry, go the other  way follow the big white arrows, they provide a clue.

There is a very good reason not to exit onto Stockport road at the entrance, I've been knocked off my bike once (& to the driver of said Nissan Juke, 'fat' in not insulting, it's a fact) and I've had a mini collision in the car too for which I'd have been onto claims direct is I could be bothered.

Just go round the right way, it's only 10 yards further.