Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV & Access Controls Stockport

Author Topic: Horse Muck  (Read 3776 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Horse Muck
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 06:26:25 PM »
FAIRFIELD website tells me website not available .

The web site works OK for me on PC and iPad, however, you can contact them by telephone on 0161 231 2139.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

marplerambler

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2015, 05:43:50 PM »
It never sits on the Middlewood Way for very long - the allotment owners recognise a gift of nature when they see it. Just the thing for the roses.

amazon

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2015, 05:29:24 PM »
www.fairfieldcompost.co.uk will deliver, I have had many tons of their compost and it is always good.

"Fairfield is a social enterprise bringing real environmental benefits to Greater Manchester. Since 2003, Fairfield has been producing quality compost and handling green waste material through a system that avoids environmental degradation.

Fairfield has established the UK’s first sustainable waste management system to operate on a wholesale market. Based on the New Smithfield market site in East Manchester, Fairfield has diverted 6,500 tonnes of organic market waste material away from landfill. "

FAIRFIELD website tells me website not available .

amazon

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 05:01:38 PM »
www.fairfieldcompost.co.uk will deliver, I have had many tons of their compost and it is always good.

"Fairfield is a social enterprise bringing real environmental benefits to Greater Manchester. Since 2003, Fairfield has been producing quality compost and handling green waste material through a system that avoids environmental degradation.

Fairfield has established the UK’s first sustainable waste management system to operate on a wholesale market. Based on the New Smithfield market site in East Manchester, Fairfield has diverted 6,500 tonnes of organic market waste material away from landfill. "

Thanks for that will have a look .

ringi

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 04:48:42 PM »

amazon

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 01:22:09 PM »
No they don't. Be reasonable - it's free! People turn up with a car boot full of sacks or those big buckets that hang up outside Hollins' shop or even a trailer of some sort
Never said I wanted it for free all I said do they deliver I don't have transport .

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 02:53:46 AM »
Do they deliver , when we moved to lower fold now some thirty odd years ago they used to be people delivering the stuff for fifty p a bag .now you never see anyone .
No they don't. Be reasonable - it's free! People turn up with a car boot full of sacks or those big buckets that hang up outside Hollins' shop or even a trailer of some sort

amazon

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 02:06:43 PM »
You took the words from my mouth. Thanks, NBT.

Incidentally, if anyone wants some free well-rotted horse poo for their rhubarb and roses you'll be welcome at Hargate Hill Equestrian Centre at Charlesworth. With around a hundred assorted riding school horses and ponies and horses and ponies at livery there is an amazing amount of the stuff! Just go up there in the daytime 7 days a week and speak to a member of staff
Do they deliver , when we moved to lower fold now some thirty odd years ago they used to be people delivering the stuff for fifty p a bag .now you never see anyone .

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 01:13:15 AM »
it doesn't - and shouldn't - apply because horses are vegetarian and their poo is neither smelly nor dangerous to people, unlike dog poo.
You took the words from my mouth. Thanks, NBT.

Incidentally, if anyone wants some free well-rotted horse poo for their rhubarb and roses you'll be welcome at Hargate Hill Equestrian Centre at Charlesworth. With around a hundred assorted riding school horses and ponies and horses and ponies at livery there is an amazing amount of the stuff! Just go up there in the daytime 7 days a week and speak to a member of staff

wheels

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 11:49:56 PM »
OK nbt thats a fair answer thank you.

Blossom

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 09:12:39 PM »
Indeed.  In fact, my dog thinks it's delicious  :P

And mine.

Cyberman

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 05:15:26 PM »
I quite like it on my rhubarb.

Dave

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 02:34:41 PM »
Indeed.  In fact, my dog thinks it's delicious  :P

nbt

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 01:20:24 PM »
it doesn't - and shouldn't - apply because horses are vegetarian and their poo is neither smelly nor dangerous to people, unlike dog poo.
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

wheels

Horse Muck
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 01:38:01 PM »
Your the expert on poo Dave but I always find it odd that the laws don't apply also to horses. Certainly  where I live horse poo is a much greater problem.

Perhaps it does apply and horse riders just ignore the law.