A gentle and effective approach to whole body health, to help reduce pain, improve mobility and promote healing

Author Topic: Dog poo fouled footpaths  (Read 42458 times)

EmmyJane Designs

Re: Dog poo fouled footpaths
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2015, 04:21:44 PM »
admin - I have in the past complained about Brickbridge road and will again.

The number of times I use it, I can't believe I've not caught some one in the act.

wheels

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2015, 04:14:27 PM »
As I started the deviation my apols.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2015, 08:00:40 AM »
Interesting topic but moving away somewhat from the Dog Poo issue.

I agree, please stick to the topic (pun intended). How @Snowball obtained the information can be discussed in a separate thread if you thing it's important.

Well done for obtaining this and, as you say, it speaks for itself that there is no effort being made to issue FPN's or to prosecute offenders across the whole borough.

The situation will never change unless enough people make a big enough fuss. Regular reporting is one way to raise the profile of the issue.

Brickbridge road from All Saints Primary School down to the canal is re-named Poo alley in our family.
It seems to be the same owners taking their dogs out at certain times, as the poo is always in the same little places.

I use this lane a lot and am yet to see anyone 'in the act'. It's only a matter of time. However if I did approach an offender, no doubt I'd get a huge swearing mouthful.

I've seen the same trait of poo in the same places on a regular basis. It would be a good thing for people who live near Brickbridge Rd to report this to street cleaning. Would you be able to do that @EmmyJane Designs ?

Also, if you manage to obtain intelligence about who is responsible then that can be reported to the Dog Warden.

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/services/environment/envhealth/animalwelfare/dogwardenservice/dogfouling/dogfoulingcomplaints
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Snowball

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2015, 10:10:17 PM »
Snowball, your comment perfectly (and quite hilariously, I might add) encapsulates why we need to reduce the size and cost of the public sector as a matter of some urgency.

Blame the Politicians for introducing the legislation, but not the poor public servants who are stuck with managing it.

Interesting topic but moving away somewhat from the Dog Poo issue.

Found a massive pile on the pavement right in front of my house (which some poor sole had trodden in and spread in a trail after them) think it must be an aggrieved dog/owner getting his own back

Bowden Guy

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2015, 09:42:10 PM »
Snowball, your comment perfectly (and quite hilariously, I might add) encapsulates why we need to reduce the size and cost of the public sector as a matter of some urgency.

corium

« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2015, 07:42:51 PM »
Agree with Snowball here, the question to the elected official might be why they are not redeploying FoI officials as dog wardens at least a day a week (slightly tongue in cheek!)

Snowball

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2015, 06:05:44 PM »
Why do you have to cost the rest of us money asking for this information via FOI when you could just ask for it say via an elected member or officer.

Not sure I understand your point, Stockport employ staff to deal with FOI requests that's what the legislation is for, if they weren't responding to my request then they would be responding to someone else's.

wheels

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2015, 04:41:55 PM »
Why do you have to cost the rest of us money asking for this information via FOI when you could just ask for it say via an elected member or officer.

Snowball

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2015, 03:45:06 PM »
I submitted my Freedom of Information Request to Stockport MBC, questions and answers  below

1.         How many Dog Wardens are currently employed by Stockport MBC?
One dog warden currently employed.

2.         How many Fixed Penalty tickets for dog fouling were issued in 2014 by Dog Wardens and PCSO's ?
2 FPNs were issued for dog fouling offences in 2014.  1 by a PCSO and 1 by a dog warden.

3.         How many prosecutions for dog fouling were undertaken in 2014 by Stockport MBC ?
None.

4.         Of the Fixed Penalty tickets issued how many were issued in Marple ?
None.

The answers speak for themselves really, it's little wonder that the problem is so widespread with the meager resources deployed. Two Fixed Penalty tickets issued in the whole of the MBC area makes you realise why some dog owners are happy to ignore the law with impunity.

Apologies for funny formatting (sorted - Admin)

EmmyJane Designs

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2015, 10:38:20 PM »
Brickbridge road from All Saints Primary School down to the canal is re-named Poo alley in our family.
It seems to be the same owners taking their dogs out at certain times, as the poo is always in the same little places.

I use this lane a lot and am yet to see anyone 'in the act'. It's only a matter of time. However if I did approach an offender, no doubt I'd get a huge swearing mouthful.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2015, 08:13:37 AM »
The Middlewood way is disgusting, when I take my dog out, when I go down the path that goes from Woodville Drive, the one with the metal barrier onto the Middlewood way, is quite often full of poo, I would not mind but there is a dog poo bin only ten steps further, there is absolutely no excuse and it makes me mad. Unfortunately, I know its disgusting, as even the poo you can't see,  I have a Labrador, with a nose that likes to sniff out everything .....  :-[

I think it would be helpful if you report the Middlewood Way @Pink Panther  , so that the council don't think it's just one person that is unhappy with it. Here's the link:

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/services/environment/envhealth/animalwelfare/dogwardenservice/dogfouling/dogfoulingcomplaints

Use the street cleaning option just to report a mess or the dog warden link to report intelligence about an offender.

I have been taking my dog up to the Memorial park of late, and its lovely up there for him, It would be a shame if there was ever a ban on dogs in the park, as I do think the majority of dog owners respect the park and its surroundings.

In the area of London where my cousins live, they actually have parks with specific dog zone areas, this keeps the dogs out of the other areas of the park, keeps the park clean (for those who follow the rules) and it works.

I agree that a ban on dogs in the park would be too severe - we want everyone to be able to enjoy it in lots of different ways, just not at the expense of others. As I mentioned further down, what I think would be best is if dogs were kept on a lead when entering the park and not let off until they reached the open fields, or they go straight round the woodland walk at the perimeter. So a bit like the dog zones in the parks you mentioned.

Which parks are they please? I might be able to find a link and info.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Rachael

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2015, 07:56:22 AM »
The Middlewood way is disgusting, when I take my dog out, when I go down the   path that goes from Woodville Drive, the one  with the metal barrier onto the Middlewood way , is quite often full of poo, I would not mind but there is a dog poo bin only ten steps further, there is absolutely no excuse and it makes me mad .  Unfortunately, I know its disgusting, as even the poo you cant see ,  I have a Labrador, with a nose that likes to sniff out everything .....  :-[

I have been taking my dog up to the Memorial park of late, and its lovely up there for him  , It would be a shame if there was ever a ban on dogs in the park , as I do think the majority of dog owners respect the park and its surroundings.

In the area of London where my cousins live, they actually have parks with specific dog zone areas, this keeps the dogs out of the other areas of the park, keeps the park  clean ( for those who follow the rules ) and it works .

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2015, 05:14:33 PM »
I must be walking around with my eyes closed to such things because I walked the same section at about 5pm and didn't notice the problem..

If you're accompanied by 3 to 4 young children aged between 2 and 7 you will develop an eye for it I can assure you: you can never take your eyes off the ground.

.......the thing that I am annoyed about is that a week ago someone nicked all of the daffodils (donated by Friends of Rose Hill station) I so lovingly planted three years ago....

We get this in Marple Memorial Park all the time too: "but my mother is ill" was one recent excuse!

But back to the topic in hand, here's the results of a stroll home along Cross Lane and Buxton Lane this morning and I will report in a moment (Case Reference 101864587).

Most of this wasn't there when I took the photos on Monday:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

marplerambler

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2015, 10:52:11 PM »
It IS horrendous and it's an accurate picture of what it is there between the Tip at Rose Hill and the alley way to Woodville Drive. In fact, it's quite favourable in a way as when I walked the kids home this afternoon I noticed almost as many piles that I'd missed the first time. I walk this section of the Middlewood Way virtually every weekday when the kids are at school. I've never seen anyone not picking up either but new new piles appear with alarming frequency. I don't know what percentage of dog owners are not picking up but I would suggest that the ones that don't are doing it every day, day in day out. There are probably some who pick up if they are seen but don't bother if nobody else is there. Statistically it may not be very a high proportion but it is too many and is not acceptable.
I must be walking around with my eyes closed to such things because I walked the same section at about 5pm and didn't notice the problem, the thing that I am annoyed about is that a week ago someone nicked all of the daffodils (donated by Friends of Rose Hill station) I so lovingly planted three years ago. Still, some have just come out at the Rose Hill entrance to the Middlewood Way. One can but try!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2015, 08:28:14 PM »
The photographs of the dog poo on the Middlewood Way make the route seem pretty horrendous but I think this is an unfair picture.......
It IS horrendous and it's an accurate picture of what it is there between the Tip at Rose Hill and the alley way to Woodville Drive. In fact, it's quite favourable in a way as when I walked the kids home this afternoon I noticed almost as many piles that I'd missed the first time. I walk this section of the Middlewood Way virtually every weekday when the kids are at school. I've never seen anyone not picking up either but new new piles appear with alarming frequency. I don't know what percentage of dog owners are not picking up but I would suggest that the ones that don't are doing it every day, day in day out. There are probably some who pick up if they are seen but don't bother if nobody else is there. Statistically it may not be very a high proportion but it is too many and is not acceptable.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website