Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: Dog poo fouled footpaths  (Read 42466 times)

EmmyJane Designs

Re: Dog poo fouled footpaths
« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2015, 07:08:24 PM »
Thanks for the helpful comments  ;)

simonesaffron

« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2015, 04:35:57 PM »
Well, you either have the courage to say something, or you don't.

Writing on here under the cloak of a nom de plume will make little difference

EmmyJane Designs

« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2015, 11:49:49 AM »

Memorial park was very busy yesterday. Due to the glorious the park was filled with small children and many dogs. I was dismayed to see lots of piles of poo and saw many children who were in danger of sliding in it while playing a game of rugby.

Last week I saw a young chap out walking his brown labrador on the Marple end of Macc forest canal. The dog left a huge pile at the side in the grass. The owner made no attempt to pick it up. I walked past and wanted to say something. However after turning around a few times to check if it was being the scooped the owner hid in the bushes.

I wish I had said something but I'm sick of having abuse hurled my way.

Dave

« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2015, 01:25:34 PM »
Whilst I share the general view that dog poo is unpleasant stuff and is not nice to tread in, and should not be left lying around on paths and pavements, and especially not on sports pitches (ugh!), some people do seem to get a bit obsessive about it. 

Walking my dog along a track near the Peak Forest canal yesterday, I passed a guy cutting his hedge, and he looked up at me and said 'Don't think I'm getting at you, but you will clean up after that dog won't you.'  I replied 'has my dog ever made a mess here', and he said 'no, I don't think I've ever seen you before - but I'm just checking'!    ::)

Snowball

« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2015, 10:25:46 PM »
I suggest keeping your camera at hand.Rather than taking pictures of the problem. Take a picture of the cause, The owner! I would think the offender is probably local to the area and possibly could be identified.

Well I sort of had a forlorn hope that the owner might read these forums and recognise what he/she left for us to clear up. But yea if I see them repeat it I will be taking a picture.

sooty2

« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2015, 03:17:17 PM »
I suggest keeping your camera at hand.Rather than taking pictures of the problem. Take a picture of the cause, The owner! I would think the offender is probably local to the area and possibly could be identified.

Snowball

« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2015, 12:50:05 PM »
The last straw, now had dog poo spread across the path immediately in front of our drive. The bloody owner not only ignored picking it up but also allowed their dog to squat right outside our driveway. Some poor soul has already trodden in it, but then decided to try and scrape it off on our drive !!

[attachment deleted by admin]

pirate Princess

« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2015, 10:11:16 AM »
I have just moved out of Marple part time to live in Yorkshire with my boyfriend, and the problem we have is sheep poo on the footpaths.the farmers just let them run wild and I have to say it's very funny walking down the road to the shops seeing a lamb and it's mum hanging outside the co-op. I do honestly have to say I do not miss the dog crap at all - some Marple dog owners are lazy and disgusting and dread to think what their houses are like if they just leave poo lying around.

Lily

« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2015, 05:24:44 PM »
When I filled the form in re 'smoking in parks' I added in the extra comments section that, in my opinion, dogs should be kept on a lead in all parkland (and definitely NOT be allowed near any play areas).
Some people would, no doubt, still turn a 'blind eye' when their dog fouls but it might make a few of the 'offenders' think about it and possibly clean up.

marveld

« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2015, 02:17:31 PM »
Perhaps someone should ambush the offenders!  ;)

http://tinyurl.com/oxb388b

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2015, 01:35:06 PM »
The trouble is Mark I haven't got any specific intelligence to report as to the owners responsible. To quote the website "Please note that this form should only be used where intelligence is known"

Then I would complain direct to the Dog Warden using dog.warden@stockport.gov.uk and copy in local councillors (or the other way around):

cllr.geoff.abell@stockport.gov.uk
cllr.shan.alexander@stockport.gov.uk
cllr.kenny.blair@stockport.gov.uk
cllr.martin.candler@stockport.gov.uk
cllr.annette.finnie@stockport.gov.uk
cllr.susan.ingham@stockport.gov.uk

It really is time that someone was caught and fined.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Snowball

« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2015, 01:00:54 PM »
Can you please make a complaint to the Dog Warden @Snowball

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/services/environment/envhealth/animalwelfare/dogwardenservice/dogfouling/dogfoulingcomplaints

The trouble is Mark I haven't got any specific intelligence to report as to the owners responsible. To quote the website "Please note that this form should only be used where intelligence is known"

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2015, 11:48:38 AM »
Things are no better.

I've just been in Memorial Park with my grandkids and the amount of dog poo is absolutely disgusting. It's everywhere in the grass, my wife stood in it and we spent all our time chasing after the grandkids trying to steer them away from the numerous freshly left piles.

It appears to me that the owners who let their dogs run free around the grass areas pay little or no attention to what their dogs are doing. It seems to be a case of if the dog is not on a lead it's not the owners responsibility.

If this is the attitude perhaps it's time to have a requirement that dogs are not allowed off their leads.

Can you please make a complaint to the Dog Warden @Snowball

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/services/environment/envhealth/animalwelfare/dogwardenservice/dogfouling/dogfoulingcomplaints
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Snowball

« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2015, 11:35:05 AM »
Things are no better.

I've just been in Memorial Park with my grandkids and the amount of dog poo is absolutely disgusting. It's everywhere in the grass, my wife stood in it and we spent all our time chasing after the grandkids trying to steer them away from the numerous freshly left piles.

It appears to me that the owners who let their dogs run free around the grass areas pay little or no attention to what their dogs are doing. It seems to be a case of if the dog is not on a lead it's not the owners responsibility.

If this is the attitude perhaps it's time to have a requirement that dogs are not allowed off their leads.

Dizzy Penguin

« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2015, 10:31:06 AM »
Thank you Simone, for being equally incorrect ;)

I give my gender away in this thread.