Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV & Access Controls Stockport

Author Topic: legal support  (Read 1805 times)

Harry

Re: legal support
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 04:55:49 PM »
Lisa, the 'old fashioned green fence' is still in existence in places, along with the remains of another, even older, fence. Also, in parts, there is a line of hawthorns that appear to mark the boundary between the gardens and the railway, about 2' toward the railway from the fence. PM me and I'll give you more detail without boring everyone else.

Dave

Re: legal support
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 03:47:58 PM »
Sorry I can't help, Lisa.  However, in case you don't know it, there is a very useful forum for dealing with these sorts of issues, such as the law of adverse possession, aka squatter's rights etc.   There are people who answer queries on it who seem to know what they are talking about, and have given me good advice on a couple of occasions.   http://www.gardenlaw.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php

Good luck!

Lisa Oldham

legal support
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 02:32:50 PM »
I've not been here for a while!  Apologies but I've had a lot on!

Currently its a legal fight (which some of you already know about due to my constant bending ears in the Ringers )between myself and my neighbour Network Rail

True to form, I got in to a bit of a scrap with them over a complaint I made about maintenance work(long story to be blogged very soon).

So they decided to build a fence through my lawn and up the side of my garden demolishing my 15/20 yr old shed and ignoring the ancient hedgerow boundary 2-3 foot further on.  They wouldn't listen to reason... or talk to me at all

So I took an injunction out on them

A year on, after many stays that they requested, and now they know my very competent and experienced(but free) community/planning legal advisor cant help me anymore due to having a massive stroke, they have finally decided to defend their actions.  I am going to represent myself as current legal costs are way outside the likes of me( 10 - 20 grand UP FRONT just to finish the case)

Therefore, amongst many other things,  I am currently trying to prove the existence of the old fashioned green fence along the hedgerow that borders railway land and the Seven Stiles estate and I am wondering if anyone can point me in the direction, or has any historical pictures?  ANY TIME will do!  The reason being is they claim 2 foot of my garden,(the planted borders and the back part of my shed) belongs to them and I intend to prove the hedge has been a recognised boundary for a significant time

Also anyone who can accurately age the hedgerow would be handy!

Cheers!