All your Marple and Stockport property and financial needs under one roof

Author Topic: Marple website app  (Read 2882 times)

marpleexile

Re: Marple website app
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 09:21:33 PM »
Do you mean me @amazon ? I don't use a Mac.

Sorry not to reply sooner, I've been away for the weekend.

I've had a look at Tapatalk this evening and even though it has scored 1 out of 5 with 331 reviews I installed and tried it. The reviewers are right I think (that's probably what @Howard meant when he said it has died! )

The other link has only 1 review via an iPad but 3 reviews if I look using my PC. I'm not prepared to spend 79p to confirm the reviews. This one doesn't need me to do anything to the forum so anyone with the cash to spare feel free to give it a try.

What would you want from a Marple Website App? Just something to make the forum easier to use or are you looking for more than that?

Tapatalk seems to be the standard app for viewing message boards/forums.

If you actually look at the reviews and 1 star ratings you will see that they are all for the latest version of the app - the developers in their wisdom decided to radically redesign the app's interface, and the existing users don't like it (me included) so they have all given this version a 1 star review to scare* the devs into going back to the previous design. If you look at the overall rating for the app, it gets 4 stars.

I personally use it for looking at 3 forums that have the plugin installed, and it is pretty good.

I'd urge you to have another look.

* As Mark has just proved, this is a reasonably effective tactic in trying to get devs to do or undo things with App Store apps as the star rating that is displayed by default is the rating for the latest version only.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 08:13:18 PM »
Mark uses Apple mac '
Do you mean me @amazon ? I don't use a Mac.

Sorry not to reply sooner, I've been away for the weekend.

I've had a look at Tapatalk this evening and even though it has scored 1 out of 5 with 331 reviews I installed and tried it. The reviewers are right I think (that's probably what @Howard meant when he said it has died! )

The other link has only 1 review via an iPad but 3 reviews if I look using my PC. I'm not prepared to spend 79p to confirm the reviews. This one doesn't need me to do anything to the forum so anyone with the cash to spare feel free to give it a try.

What would you want from a Marple Website App? Just something to make the forum easier to use or are you looking for more than that?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 09:26:39 PM »
@Howard - the SMF site itself is a bit quiet on Tapatalk, but Tapatalk's own website shows a fairly recent version (December 2014) for SMF 2.0.x, if that helps?
https://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=smf.

Mark uses Apple mac '

Howard

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 08:39:00 PM »
Thanks, @sgk, @admin will need to install the Tapatalk plugin and then, presumably, any Tapatalk app on smartphones will be able to read and write to the forum.

sgk

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 08:03:39 PM »
The forum uses software called "Simple Machines Forum". If you're using Apple iOS then there is apparently an app that lets you read and post to SMF-based boards. Here's the link:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/forums/id306032863?mt=8
I've never actually used any Apple kit so I have no idea if it works or not.

For non-Apple, it looksd as if there was an SMF plugin that you could install on the forum for Tapatalk which would let a Tapatalk app integrate with a forum but it looks as if that has died.

@Howard - the SMF site itself is a bit quiet on Tapatalk, but Tapatalk's own website shows a fairly recent version (December 2014) for SMF 2.0.x, if that helps?
https://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=smf

Howard

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 06:37:47 PM »
The forum uses software called "Simple Machines Forum". If you're using Apple iOS then there is apparently an app that lets you read and post to SMF-based boards. Here's the link:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/forums/id306032863?mt=8
I've never actually used any Apple kit so I have no idea if it works or not.

For non-Apple, it looksd as if there was an SMF plugin that you could install on the forum for Tapatalk which would let a Tapatalk app integrate with a forum but it looks as if that has died.

amazon

Marple website app
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 04:48:28 PM »
Would be nice if we could have a app for Marple website .