A gentle and effective approach to whole body health, to help reduce pain, improve mobility and promote healing

Author Topic: William Wragg - The Conservative Party Candidate  (Read 25972 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: William Wragg - The Conservative Party Candidate
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2015, 05:56:17 AM »
Boris Johnson performed the opening ceremony of @William Wragg MP's new office in Marple on Monday 5 October 2015. Arthur Procter was there to capture the moment for the Virtual History Tour.

http://visitmarple.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=-36

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2015, 09:47:24 AM »
Pleased to see that @William Wragg has confirmed that he will vote against changing the law on hunting.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Dave

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2015, 09:58:03 AM »
it is hard to see how the LD'S can make a come back.

Not any time soon, certainly, but some of us are old enough to remember when the old Liberal Party was down to even fewer MPs back in the 1960s and early 70s.  Back then, none of us foresaw the Labour Party split that led to the rise of the SDP in the 1980s, and then the subsequent merger of the SDP and the Liberals to form the Lib Dems.   

It will probably take something similar to revive the Lib Dems from their present decimated state.  It could even happen within the present parliament, when the Tory Party breaks up following the EU referendum.   ;)

simonesaffron

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2015, 08:31:02 AM »
There are a wheel barrow full of reasons why the LD'S lost the HG seat, and only one of them is because the Tories have more money.

Let's not be self deluding here the LD'S didn't just lose across the country they were slaughtered. I think that I read somewhere that 314 OF their candidates lost their deposits as opposed to Nil in 2015. The only question now for the LD'S is can they survive complete extermination. I don't applaud this, in fact I think that it is a disaster for national democracy and I certainly don't relish the thought of us "plebs" being ruled by the boys from Eton and Sandhurst, for the foreseeable, but there is no point in self delusion. A day is a long time in politics as they say but it is hard to see how the LD'S can make a come back.

Unfortunately they don't seem to be learning any lessons, with their current election for the leadership.

Perhaps you can tell me Wheels, why a party with a handful of MP'S is having an election for a leader, surely they can agree it amongst themselves in the pub and support just one candidate to stand.     

Bowden Guy

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2015, 08:33:47 PM »
William Gladstone, Jeremy Thorpe, Lloyd George, Cyril Smith, Sir Archibald Sinclair.....your girl took one hell of a beating!

Howard

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2015, 05:23:24 PM »
Well he didn't get his message across the constituency got the Ashcroft millions and effectively bought the seat.

I rarely use the acronym but that really did make me LOL. @wheels I'm positive you know all the reasons why the LDs lost Hazel Grove and it was NOTHING to do with money. I know you like to pedal the party line and you don't really think the seat was bought, but if you carry on like that you are going to come across as even more deluded than usual.

Dave

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2015, 02:31:18 PM »
Well he didn't get his message across the constituency got the Ashcroft millions and effectively bought the seat.

Ah, now I understand!  The Tories won the election simply because they had more money.  Nothing to do with voters' disillusionment with the Lib Dem broken promise on tuition fees,  nor with Labour losing nearly all its seats in Scotland, nor with Miliband's lack of credibility as a potential Prime Minister, nor with voters' fear of a Labour/SNP coalition.    ;)

wheels

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2015, 01:39:10 PM »
Well he didn't get his message across the constituency got the Ashcroft millions and effectively bought the seat. But that apart my point was that I don't think you give someone time to see what they can do just because they won. You critise from day one. I didn't vote for him because I don't sign up to the Tory approach to life but also because I don't think he personally is someone I want representing me or in whom I have confidence. The fact he won does not alter that so it's right to point out his failings at every opportunity

simonesaffron

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2015, 07:22:50 AM »
I didn't say Wheels that he was the best MP, I said he was the best candidate, which he clearly was. They are not always the same thing. I have no personal knowledge of WW, so I will just have to wait and see. Whatever else you accuse him of he certainly got his message across and he got his vote out, of that there can be no doubt whatsoever?   

Anyway whether we agree or disagree, we've got him for the next five years and the way things look at the moment, longer than that, so we may as well see what he comes up with. MP's don't have much influence locally anyway, they have no budget nor any direct line of Authority. Much more interesting will be the local situation at Marple level now that we have two Conservative Councillors.

I don't know if there is any truth in this but I was in the library the other day and I overheard that one of the new Conservative councillors can't fulfil his surgery obligations on Saturday morning because of his work commitments. Apparently he didn't make any provision for this because he thought that he was just a paper candidate with no chance of winning. You couldn't make it up, could you?       

wheels

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2015, 01:45:46 PM »
Yes, he turned a huge deficit into a

I think that he should be given a chance and I'm going to do just that.
I don't agree Simon. If I vote against someone because I either don't agree with their politics or because I don't think they are up to the job that view doesn't suddenly change just because they won. You don't give a victor some sort of bye for the first few years you continue to scrutinise and expose the weaknesses of the person particularly when it is someone who is out of their depth.

Duke Fame

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2015, 12:37:34 PM »
But you do its in the hundreds of thousands that goes into the local coffers each year.

At least its not being wasted  :-\

simonesaffron

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2015, 10:37:56 AM »
But you do its in the hundreds of thousands that goes into the local coffers each year.

Thank you Wheels, I now feel hugely comforted in that knowledge.

wheels

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2015, 09:06:00 AM »

simonesaffron

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2015, 06:44:15 PM »
As we Stockport council tax payers are part-owners of the airport, we should all welcome that!   ;D

I eagerly look forward to receiving my dividend.

Dave

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2015, 02:09:36 PM »
As for the Semms Rd, it  is being driven by Manchester Airport purely and simply as an economic benefit to them,

As we Stockport council tax payers are part-owners of the airport, we should all welcome that!   ;D