Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Compstall Residential Development site for sale  (Read 12565 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Compstall Residential Development site for sale
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2015, 06:47:47 PM »
By implication does that mean that these houses will be unaffordable? ;)
I was under the (possibly mistaken) impression that new developments had to have a few "affordable" houses as well as "luxury" ones. Or does it depend on the size of the development?

amazon

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2014, 02:51:25 PM »
it was aglass fibre manufacturer . lots of chemicals dumped

Where were they dumped?

Post fixed - Howard

ringi

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2014, 12:43:32 PM »
So what, the people that live in these houses will move from other houses that will then come onto the market.

Henry_

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2014, 12:25:59 PM »
By implication does that mean that these houses will be unaffordable? ;)

bluebelly

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2014, 08:04:04 AM »
it was aglass fibre manufacturer . lots of chemicals dumped

amazon

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2014, 01:27:32 PM »
Wishful thinking - It would be quite useful if SMBC could make it a condition of PP that the developers funded the widening of the bridge over the river (in a sympathetic style, of course).

Good thought that it is nowhere near wide enough for today's trafic there's room for widening .but of coarse cost will come into it .and then we wil have the enviro people ...

sgk

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2014, 09:46:04 AM »
For information...

Conservation Area Appraisal, on the Stockport Council website, for Compstall, designated 1974, extended 1990 & 2006, reviewed 2012, gives listed buildings etc.

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/services/environment/planningbuilding/conservationheritage/conservationareas/conservationareaappraisalsmanagementplans/compstall

Martin Cruickshank

Good info there.

The proposal does reference the significance of some of the buildings.  Essentially, persuade SMBC to crease (like they may be doing regarding the affordable housing aspect?) and take a few photos before demolishing 'em.

Significant justification will be required if substantial harm or total loss to these assets is proposed and it is recommended that the developer enters
into discussions with Stockport MBC regarding the extent of loss which might be considered acceptable.

A photographic record should be made of the building and of individual features of significance, with the photographic viewpoints recorded on a site plan.

MLHS

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2014, 08:30:16 AM »
For information...

Conservation Area Appraisal, on the Stockport Council website, for Compstall, designated 1974, extended 1990 & 2006, reviewed 2012, gives listed buildings etc.

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/services/environment/planningbuilding/conservationheritage/conservationareas/conservationareaappraisalsmanagementplans/compstall

Martin Cruickshank

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2014, 12:22:37 PM »
A series of photos of the site provided by Bill Beard have been uploaded to the Virtual Tour showing why this development is probably a good idea:

http://visitmarple.co.uk/photos/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=-26

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 08:23:27 PM »
At a previous presentation by a company considering a similar scheme I asked about car parking. I was told the area would be a mixture of small businesses and residential homes and their plan was that when the residents went to work the parking spaces would then be occupied by the business workers so no impact on the surrounding roads.  Who thought up that idea? I also asked where I would store my surfboard? This comflummoxed the representative totally, but living in Compstall where most cars are left on the road and even those with garages use the garages as storage space as generally they aren't big enough for a car, I felt this was an issue that really needed thinking about. Perhaps they did and had no answer so gave up.

The original plans which were published some years ago and shown in St Thomas's included a water wheel and various other nice things in keeping with Etherow country park. But that company went out of business. Not sure if these are the fourth development co to have a go. Don't think the original mill is being developed ....isn't it a listed building. ....

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2014, 01:55:30 PM »
Wishful thinking - It would be quite useful if SMBC could make it a condition of PP that the developers funded the widening of the bridge over the river (in a sympathetic style, of course).

CTCREP

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 01:21:55 PM »
At a previous presentation by a company considering a similar scheme I asked about car parking. I was told the area would be a mixture of small businesses and residential homes and their plan was that when the residents went to work the parking spaces would then be occupied by the business workers so no impact on the surrounding roads.  Who thought up that idea? I also asked where I would store my surfboard? This comflummoxed the representative totally, but living in Compstall where most cars are left on the road and even those with garages use the garages as storage space as generally they aren't big enough for a car, I felt this was an issue that really needed thinking about. Perhaps they did and had no answer so gave up.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 09:24:52 AM »
industrial printing works hahaha

What does that mean? Are you suggesting that there wasn't an industrial printing works on this site?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

bluebelly

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 08:32:07 AM »
industrial printing works hahaha

marpleexile

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 06:47:05 AM »
Yes of course they would say that wouldn't they. But it's the council's job to decide whether to accept it or not. The brochure implies that they've accepted no affordable housing but are still working on the S106 contribution. The S106 contribution (if one is agreed) would generally go towards improving children's play in the immediate area. Perhaps worth asking the Planning Contact on the application for an explanation of the council position?

In this case it's probably largely true though. I would imagine that the costs of preparing the site will significantly higher than average.