Brabyns Preparatory School

Author Topic: New board to discuss the elections in May 2015  (Read 4950 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: New board to discuss the elections in May 2015
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 11:14:24 AM »
Actually, Michael Taylor who lives in Marple and has been selected as the Labour Party candidate is registered on this board.

Yes I know, I've just published Michael's declaration in its own thread and I'm hoping that the others will provide something similar. Some have been campaigning for months but Michael Taylor is the first on here.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Howard

Re: New board to discuss the elections in May 2015
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 11:06:57 AM »

Of course it would be great if the candidates themselves were to register on the forum and contribute to the discussions too - perhaps that's too much to hope for?

Actually, Michael Taylor who lives in Marple and has been selected as the Labour Party candidate is registered on this board.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
New board to discuss the elections in May 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 10:18:32 AM »
This is a new board set up for discussing the forthcoming general election and specifically the seat of Hazel Grove, which includes the Marple Area.

With Sir Andrew Stunell OBE, Liberal incumbent since 1997, retiring next year it's likely that Hazel Grove will be much more tightly contested than it has been in the recent past. Please let's try to have a healthy exchange and attempt to understand the points of view of others as well as promoting your own. How do you think the elections will effect the community, what's important to you, and which candidate is likely to be best for Marple?

Rather than a political slanging match let's try to be positive about the prospective candidates to be our new local MP! Is that possible I wonder?

Of course it would be great if the candidates themselves were to register on the forum and contribute to the discussions too - perhaps that's too much to hope for?

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website