Brabyns Preparatory School -Nurture. Engage. Achieve.

Author Topic: Streetlife  (Read 3022 times)

BennyBlue

Re: Streetlife
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 02:11:01 PM »
So that's what that letter was. Mine went straight in the bin. Given I receive at least one a week, I just assumed it was yet another letter trying to sell me Virgin Media.

Dave

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 09:15:06 AM »
Yes, we received that letter as well. It was obviously junk mail, and I was about to put it in the bin when I noticed it was addressed 'To the lovely people living at [our address]!'

Curious as to which organisation would write something so nauseatingly creepy, I opened it. And then I threw it in the bin!

It is, of course, a commercial enterprise, as we can see from its backers. So anyone who signs up can confidently expect an increase in spam, junk mail and targeted advertising.

sgk

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 08:00:38 PM »
I've received an invite through my front door to join this potential rival to this forum. Does anyone know who they are or who is funding them? Clear some people in Marple Bridge have joined. The free info available from Companies House didn't give much away

It's a nationwide site, which tries to have a forum for each community in the country.  Backed by Archant (private company who publish newspapers) and also by Shohet & Cie (private equity company).

Personally, I can't see the appeal of Streetlife when we've already got such a fantastic website dedicated to Marple.

amazon

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 06:46:19 PM »
I've received an invite through my front door to join this potential rival to this forum. Does anyone know who they are or who is funding them? Clear some people in Marple Bridge have joined. The free info available from Companies House didn't give much away
It will never be better than Marple website .

corium

Streetlife
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 06:36:15 PM »