Shop Local Club Card - Loyalty Card App for Small Businesses

Author Topic: 2 bedroom short term rental PLEASE!  (Read 1423 times)

ringi

Re: 2 bedroom short term rental PLEASE!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 01:53:38 PM »
Assume you have a good credit rating yourself and your own home, try offering to be a “home owning guarantor”, then agents should be happy.    (Just paying rent in advance does not help that much, as the tenant may remain at the end of the 6 months, or do lots of damage,   is it very hard to enforce a court judgement against someone that has left the UK.)

However as a landlord I always try to choose tenants that will remain for a long time, as the voids when a property is empty between tenants eats up the profit.   So given the option between them and someone that works in Marple, I would not chose them, unless they offered to pay a lot more rent.     

So maybe offer 20% more rent then is asked for and agree that the AST will start as soon as the paperwork is done, so the landlord gets rent over Christmas.

You can rent furniture, http://www.davidphillips.com is often used, about £2K for 6 months, 2 bedroom.

Adrianne

2 bedroom short term rental PLEASE!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 11:14:52 AM »
Hi everyone,

My parents are coming over from USA for almost 6 months so I am looking for a rental property/house sitting place for them. They could pay upfront for 6 months from January.

If you know of anything please let me know.

I'm also looking with estate agents but they need to do UK credit checks on my parents, which is proving impossible because they obviously have no credit in the UK.  Also all
the properties are offered as 'unfurnished' so that's another hurdle, as they won't be shipping furniture over for
their stay!

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!