Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: Question for the drinkers.  (Read 3034 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Question for the drinkers.
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 08:14:33 PM »
Thanks very much Marveld and NBT.

Sod's law that it's back on the shelves when you don't need it anymore (had to use Guinness and extra sugar but the rum will take the bitter edge off the Guinness). I'll go and stock up for next year.

marveld

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 07:14:05 PM »
It's that time of year again and I'm about to embark on the Christmas pudding marathon. I always use Mackeson in the pudds as it's sweeter than the Guinness requested by the recipe and makes a better tasting pudding. My horse also gets a small can as a Christmas Day treat. (He doesn't like Guinness). I have scoured Marple and its environs and haven't been able to find any and the man in the off licence on the Hollins said he thinks "they" don't make it anymore. The internet says that Hydes brewery now make it but it isn't advertised or promoted.

My question is this. Does anyone know of a pub locally that stocks it? I've decided that this might be my best bet. I suspect I'd be better off with an old gentleman's-type of pub than a pub catering to the yoof market but I don't which of the local hostelries fall into this category.

Today I noticed that Mackeson stout is being sold in the Co-op! (in packs of 4 small tins)

nbt

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 08:03:45 PM »
I'm sure Morrisons supermarket in Hyde had it in stock last time I went
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 12:50:24 AM »
i don't know about local pubs, as i don't frequent them, but a quick Google shows that Tesco sells Mackeson.

See http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=272308480

Thank you, Harry. I'll try Tesco again. They didn't have any in Glosssop when I looked but they might have been out of stock.

Harry

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 08:14:56 PM »
i don't know about local pubs, as i don't frequent them, but a quick Google shows that Tesco sells Mackeson.

See http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=272308480

My login is Henrietta

Question for the drinkers.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 08:03:46 PM »
It's that time of year again and I'm about to embark on the Christmas pudding marathon. I always use Mackeson in the pudds as it's sweeter than the Guinness requested by the recipe and makes a better tasting pudding. My horse also gets a small can as a Christmas Day treat. (He doesn't like Guinness). I have scoured Marple and its environs and haven't been able to find any and the man in the off licence on the Hollins said he thinks "they" don't make it anymore. The internet says that Hydes brewery now make it but it isn't advertised or promoted.

My question is this. Does anyone know of a pub locally that stocks it? I've decided that this might be my best bet. I suspect I'd be better off with an old gentleman's-type of pub than a pub catering to the yoof market but I don't which of the local hostelries fall into this category.